cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset ProRata Temporis Depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear experts,

I am looking for a very simple information.

I am investigating period control in Asset Accounting and do not find anything to get depreciation calculated from the exact date of the capitalization date.

01 allows me to start depreciation 1st day of the acquisition month.

If I decide capitalization date 28/03/2015 I want depreciation to be calculated from 28/03/2015 and not from 01/03/2015.

How can I handle it ?

Thank you all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this situation, you have to activate dep.for the day check box in the dep.key. Then only system will default the depreciation start date from the capitalization date. In this case it does not check period control method of the dep.key.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukthar,

Thanks for your reply. I did follow your recommendation. As you told in that case period controls are useless.

My fiscal year goes from April to March. Do I need to select "Period Control according to fiscal years" in the Depreciation key configuration ? I do not see any difference as I am using depreciation for the day.

But I have a problem with the calculation.

I have computed with a depreciation start date at 03/04/2016 which corresponds exactly to the year start date configured in OB29 (see screenshot)

Everything should be calculated until 2021 ( 5 years as a useful life and system do 365*5) as my start date corresponds to the first day of the fiscal year. But I have a small shift to 2022 and I do not understand why.

I think it might be because of the number of day different per year... The solution would be to say to the system to rely on 30 days / month as a unique basis. Do you know How I can manage that ?

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)