Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advise on choosing a career path between SAP SD and CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need an advise on choosing a career path between SAP SD and CRM. Let me give a little background about me. I've 8+ experience in Telecom Billing domain with in-depth knowledge of business processes associated with functional features such as Sales Orders, Billing, Pricing, Payments, and Collections, whilst performing roles such as Support, Business Process analysis, Design and Configuration. I also posses operational experience of CRM systems for Telecoms covering areas such as Service Fulfillment, Provisioning, Customer Management etc.

Due to various circumstances, I've decided to peruse career in SAP. Given my experience as above i believe SAP SD would be an ideal choice for to me succeed. However, an experience trainer recently suggested to take up SAP CRM rather than SD.So, i am looking for clear advise as to which one of these would be ideal, as well as their prospects for future.

Please consider couple of aspects before suggesting - 1) My strength has always been functional rather than technology 2) I am based in UK and has potential to take-up opportunities in Europe.

Any suggestions on this career path would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nawed_a_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have seen  your profile you have good experience of business process but what i am understand

you don't have real time sales exp .you know sales process technically but  not practically.

So I suggest you go for SAP CRM rather then SAP SD.

though you have very good process understanding in sales it will help you  in sap CRM ,

Uk & Europe you will get good no of Opportunity in SAP CRM.

Regards,

Nawed A Khan

2 REPLIES 2

nawed_a_khan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have seen  your profile you have good experience of business process but what i am understand

you don't have real time sales exp .you know sales process technically but  not practically.

So I suggest you go for SAP CRM rather then SAP SD.

though you have very good process understanding in sales it will help you  in sap CRM ,

Uk & Europe you will get good no of Opportunity in SAP CRM.

Regards,

Nawed A Khan

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nawed.