cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWINCF device type question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use third party software for our printing and use Device type SAPWIN : MS Windows driver, Latin-1 along with Access Method U to send a spool file to a windows server. The spool file then get picked up and processed.

Recently some speciacl characters have been required and I'm trying to find another driver that will work as the Latin-1 character set doesn't have the character I require.

I tried the SWINCF device type but it seems to send font information in the spool file which is no good as the information is getting printed in the output. Below is a sample of some of the information being sent.

Does anyone know a way of stopping the font information getting sent or if there is a better SAPWIN Unicode driver that can be used?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrath,

You said that you use Access Method U to send a spool file to a windows server. Have you installed
sapsprint on that windows server?If no,I suggest you to install it according to the note 927074.If yes,
pls help collect the log according the KBA 1780925 and attach here.

Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jie Bai,

Yes we seem to have to use Access Method U as we just want a flat file sent with fields that our 3rd party software can use and map the fields to variables in a label template.

We don't have sapsprint installed on the server. The file is sent from SAP to an input port on the server, picked up and processed.

But now we have this issue that the Latin-1 device can't send certain characters we need and we don't have a Unicode device that we can use instead.

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jarrath,

For you case,generally the device type from the printer vendor should work.You can tell me which vendor and what model printer are you using,Then I can search for you if suitable device type exists.

Regards

Jie Bai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jie Bai,

For this particular issue, we are sending the prints to an Intermec PX4i printer but I forsee this issue occuring more often with other makes (we also deal with Zebra, Datamax, SATO and a couple of other makes for printing)

We use Teklynx Sentinel server to process the spool file. It takes the flat file sent from SAP and maps the fields inside to fields in a label template. It then coverts the label into the printer language required and sends it to the windows spooler for printing.

However because of the device type we are using this special character doesn't get sent.. It will also be an issue for particular languages as we have more sites around the globe use our service.

We really need a SAPWIN Unicode device type but one just doesn't seem to exist at the min, apart from the SWINCF driver but as I said before we seem to get extra font information that we don't want.