Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating import declarations with duty types and message types

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a GTS developer. There are configuration changes in the system . As a result, the import declarations and presentation documents created in 2014  and 2013 have to be updated with :

1.)  Replace old duty types with new ones in the logistic costs tab.

2.)  Replace old message types with new ones in the communication tab.

Any pointers on how to go about , regarding the table links between the duty types and declarations, message types and declarations , Function modules would be very helpful.  Thanks much in advance.

Best Regards

Shankarnarayan.K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor

Hi SK,

That's a strange request.  Of course the configuration changes invalidate the old Declarations, but your attempt to re-write history isn't likely to achieve much.

Since the messaging cannot be repeated, it makes no sense to update the documents.  And similarly, since the Declarations cannot be re-sent, updating the Duty Types will have no effect.

But if you must do it, here are some tips:

For the duty calculation, you need to update entries in table /SAPSLL/LEGCULC.  Assuming the the Duty Types haven't been re-named, you should loop through the entries and use MOVE-CORRESPONDING to copy the values from the configuration tables /SAPSLL/TLC_ASC (key = LAUNR) and /SAPSLL/TLC_AAR (key = TLC_AAR, matching /SAPSLL/LEGCULC-TLC_AART).  First check that all relevant fields have the same name, considering the Data Elements involved.

For the messages, you need to update entries in table /SAPSLL/LEGMES.  However, I have no idea which fields your esteemed Application Consultant might have changed there, so can't immediately advise what should be copied.

In both cases, the link to the Customs Declarations is that GUID_MOBJ = /SAPSLL/CUHD-GUID_CUHD, and MOBJT = 'O' (that's the letter, not number zero).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

The old import declarations have to be changed because there is a window period to send corrections to custom authorities, for an already processed import declaration. So only those declarations which have the correction window open have to be updated with the new message types and duty types. By updated I mean create a new declaration with reference to the old one, programmatically.

For the message types, the requirement is to delete the old messages and replace them with new messages and with the same status, as the old message. (mapping for old and new messages will be provided).  The process , template, activity everything has changed. It is a completely new message type. So how do I programmatically process a message type to a pre-decided status ? (same status as old message type).

Regards

Shankarnarayan K

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Sorry for the delay - I only just noticed your final question.

For the new Messages, probably you could loop though the existing ones; copy each into a new entry (using Function Module GUID_CREATE to provide the key), and replace the Template & Activity, etc with the new values.  Also change the Message Status of the existing entry to '3' ("Deactivated manually).

You would need to try it in a Sandbox or Test system first, to check for any negative impact.

Regards,

Dave

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

They are still deciding whether they want the messages copied or not. Meanwhile, I am, stuck in another issue.  I am not able to copy the item level commercial description text of presentation document to the new document. I am able to read the text using FM READ_TEXT, but not finding a suitable FM to copy/re-create the same text with a  new name for the new, copied presentation document. The FM /SAPSLL/TEXT_COPY is not yet released by SAP. Please let me know if this text can be copied by FM or should it be added only manually . Thanks in advance,

Regards

Shankarnarayan.K.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shankarnarayan,

Take a look at Function Modules /SAPSLL/TEXT_INFORMATION_PUT and /SAPSLL/TEXT_MODIFY.

FYI, none of the GTS Function Modules are "released", for some reason, but there is no reason not to use them.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

former_member188251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Finally with your inputs , I created a program that creates a new import declaration from old import declaration using the FMs '/SAPSLL/CUSTOMS_ORDER_DISPLAY' and '/SAPSLL/CUSTOMS_DOC_CREATE' for reading the old declaration and creating the new one. Now I am facing one issue.

The duty type values (amounts) in the line item level (Customs Value tab) are NOT getting copied only for manually created declarations i.e., when the old declaration that is being copied is created wrt a presentation . When the old declaration is created from worklist(wrt ECC delivery/PO), then the copied declaration is getting the duty type values.

I am filling the internal table /sapsll/LEGCULC of the structure gs_obj in FM '/SAPSLL/CUSTOMS_DOC_CREATE'. Kindly throw some light, as usual

Regards

Shankarnarayan.K.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That seems strange.  Can you see any differences iin the old /LEGCULC entries that might provide a clue?  I can't immediately think of any likely reasons.

Regards,

Dave

Answers (0)