cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Exits class not triggering for the objects which have "system" storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am using application Exit  for changing decision tables in non-modifiable system but methods of this class is not triggering for the objects or the application for which storage type is "SYSTEM".

Application Exist is Working fine  for the objects which have "CUSTOMISE" storage type.

As I cant change the Storage type of application or object , what I am supposed to do now?

Thanks in Advance

Samyak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Samyak,

the method GET_CHANGABILITY (Description: Overrule the default changeability settings for customizing) of the BRFplus application exit class is called only (see class CL_FDT_TRANSPORT method CALL_CTS_CHECK_BUFFERED) for BRFplus objects of type customizing. So the system behavior itself is correct and there is no option in BRFplus to do so.

In general it is not recommended to do changes of the BRFplus objects on productive systems as this can lead to inconsistencies with respect to imported changes via CTS.

Possible solutions for your problem might be:

• Introduction of SAP Decision Service Management in order to allow changes on productive environment in a consistent way
  • Usage of a generative approach via BRFplus API and ,hence,  storage of data as master data (depending on your requirements)

As you seem to have already some rules in place you should go for the SAP Decision Service Management option to cover your requirements

BR

Christian

Answers (0)