cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS Texts and DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I know there is a provision of using DMS and store any kind of documents to not only PS but we can store it to various object links also. But at the same time in PS we have an option of using PS Texts. May I know the prerequisites for using PS Texts in specifically in PS.?

Thanks,

Y. Kanitkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, the transaction of using the PS Texts is CN04 and you can assign PS texts to WBS Elements or activities.

Now, if you talk about prerequisites then I would rather suggest that PS text can be identified on the basis of the Text type as well as of the Name, Format, and the Language of the PS text. Now, this Text type serves as a sorting criterion for your PS texts. You must define appropriate Text types for PS Texts in SPRO. ( In addition, you can assign any documents to projects by using the generic object services. However, this type of assignment is not explicitly displayed in the editing or reporting transactions of SAP Project System. Instead you must always call it via the Attachment list of the generic object services.)

I hope this may help you. However you may also go with the threads provided by other experts.

Regards,

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogeshwar,

Refer below link.

PS Texts

Basically these are used to maintain Text which you need to capture periodically.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the PS Text Catalog, PS texts are created and assigned. You can use the text catalog to conduct a targeted search for texts you have stored for a project.

You can call up two different views of PS texts:

• Administrative data, tells you who entered the text when and who changed it.

• Text overview, shows you the first line of the PS text.

while in DMS ,one can store the soft copy of of the files like:

•      storing pdf's
  • storing CAD/CAM drawing,etc,
  • and also everything can be linked with corresponding items.