cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Series break up after setting deletion flag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I was having WBS levels at 1 and 2. I have set the deletion flag at one of my level 2 WBS. Now, the WBS has disappeared. Now, when I am creating new WBS it is skipping the series like for an example:-

I was having WBS

WBS     A

WBS     A.1

WBS     A.2 - Deletion Flag set

Now, I am creating new WBS, I think system should allow me to create WBS with A.2 but it is giving number A.3

I want to know is this is standard behavior or is there any other alternative so that I could use the same A.2 number for new WBS

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Y.Kanitkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello,

This is a standard behavior. As for setting deletion flag on the WBS element, it is not physically deleted. If you set the following indicator, you can find the deleted objects in the project structure again.

Then, there is some more information about naming the WBS element with a used number. If you have already physically deleted this WBS element but there is message CJ026 when you try to name the WBS element with a used number, you can check in table VSPRPS_CN. If there is data in this table, you still cannot use this number again. You can refer to note 529634 for more details.

Best regards,
Kim

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deleting a WBS does not remove it from the database.  It is just flagged as deleted.  In the settings for CJ20N there is a choice to see deleted objects.  If you select it you will see your WBS again.

The only way to remove a WBS form the database is through archiving.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could also think of deleting the required parameters where deletion flag is set from function module se16n_interface but I don't think that is advisable.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanitkar,

This is standard. System behavior is correct.

Thanks,

Amit