cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification in PIDE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have checked in PIDE and found that the customer classification C which denotes a Prospect will create a customer in the account group specified eg. if C corresponds to Z001 then a prospect in CRM will automatically create a sold-to-party where the account group will be Z001.

Now since I can assign only one account group against C can I add other classifications in the value table eg.M-Export Customers and assign the new account group against classification M and most importantly is this classification maintained in CRM i.e. C-Prospect where is this maintained in CRM and how to assign the same in BP Role.

Can someone please answer these three questions and help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

1. There are some standard Classification defined by SAP. You can not add more classifications in your SAP CRM system.

2. Once you select BP role "Sold to party" or any other role which is copied from "Sold to party" while creating the transaction. System automatically create a Customer with Classification "Customer" and if you have the correct PIDE setting with your account group then its replicate the customer from CRM to ECC. So it's a standard behavior of the system.

3. As we know, that we can have only one mapping in PIDE from CRM point of view. If you are using different account group for your export Customer then there is one around.

There is one field available on the Web Ui "Account Group". In standard, this is a hidden field. You have to enable this field. While creating the Export Customer from CRM system, ask user to use "Account group" filed. Select "Export Account group" from the drop down option.

It may work.

Please check and share the result.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurav,

If  you want to create new account group, you can, but you can’t able to create New Classification. This Classification is derived from the BP Role Category.

We need to map exactly this classification to One ECC Account Group in PIDE Transaction.

As per my knowledge it is very difficult to create new Classificaiton.

Regards

Sudha Yadav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

The account group and crm classification mapping suppose to be unique in R3 system.

You can have other mapping as well no issue but needed to do some mapping there in CRM as well.

in CRM. in common there are 4 classification type does exist in CRM i.e Consumer, Customer, Prospect and Competitor.

Please follow below path to see classification in CRM

IMG->CRM->Master data->Business partner->Define attributes -> Define customer class

I hope it will be helpful to your query.

Thanks,

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Thanks for your reply.

Will confirm once I have checked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I am sorry but this is not what I want to know.

My question was

Can I add other classifications in the value table eg.M-Export Customers and assign the new account group against classification M and

Most importantly is this classification maintained in CRM i.e. C-Prospect where is this maintained in CRM and how to assign the same in BP Role.

Can someone please help me with valuable inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurav,

Your questions are on bold.

My question was

Can I add other classifications in the value table eg.M-Export Customers and assign the new account group against classification M and

May not be possible.

Most importantly is this classification maintained in CRM i.e. C-Prospect where is this maintained in CRM and how to assign the same in BP Role.

The classification is maintained in CRM. The classification is linked to Role category and role category is assigned to BP role. This is how the linkage happens.

please refer below link also.

Sales Classification - Business Partners - SAP Library

Rgds

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone please help me on this issue.