cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi - Auto refresh a report after filtering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a report with Webi 4.1. I added some filters but, when I do a selection, the message "need refresh - Error in dataset values : #TOREFRESH. Refresh your query to display the data" appears. It works when I refresh but I want to know if there is a way to refresh automatically.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guirec,

If you are using BW as your data source, query stripping is enabled by default.  If you do not want to see the #TOREFRESH message, do following

Edit each query > go Query Properties > Un-check Enable Query Stripping (see below)

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The checkbox was checked but the problem is not solved. I have the same message.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Log on to CMC->Applications->Web-Intelligence->Properties and check the below option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guirec,

I'm guessing you're using a BICS connection. The #TOREFRESH message happens when the requested aggregation cannot be calculated on the internal cache of Web intelligence. It happens when  you have database delegated key figures that need to be calculated according to the aggregation you're using.

To solve that, your gonna have to force the aggregation level you want to see in the filter by creating a new table with that aggregation on you report (and set it to hide). For example if you have three dimensions, you can add 3 different tables, one for each dimension and the key figures in every one of them.

This document explains a bit more of the delegated key figures and the #TOREFRESH message:

Hope it helps and be careful with performance!

Regards.

Bruna Dupim.