cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP REFX – Use of Formula : E1 – Percentage Share in a condition on RECN (Condition Tab)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Here is my requirement,

ZBAS - Basic Rent: $1000/Month   --- Recurring (Statistical)

ZDEP - % Basic Rent: $200/Month --- Recurring (Posted)

System has to pick up ZDEP condition for posting, where calculation share % is 20% of ZBAS, which would be $200.00. ZBAS condition is for the reference only to calculate dependent condition ZDEP. System should not generate any earmarked funds document related to ZBAS. Only ZDEP must be used for all posting purposes. I could create dependent condition scenario but I could not make ZBAS as Statistical. Once ZBAS is made statistical, system makes share value 0.00 for ZDEP and none of the condition is posted since there is nothing to post.

BTW, I have already referred to the following thread,
http://scn.sap.com/thread/3611989?start=0&tstart=0

My questions is,

How to use statistical condition to derive dependent (posted) condition?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In contract master, please select Condition Purpose for ZBAS as Statistical and update the correct valid from and to date with Calculation Formula as Fixed Amount.

Now select Condition Purpose as Posted for ZDES and use the validity falling between the dates of ZBAS with Calculation formula as E1. and in the parameters of this condition select the ZBAS Condition and mention the % value.

This will work as it is a standard feature and being used in a most common manner.

If this solution doesent works then please share the screen shots of your conditions tab in Contract master giving details of Condition and Calculation.

Regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid and Rajnikant,

Please see attached screen shots. I have already tried those options before posting a question.

Screen with ZBAS as statistical

Screen with ZBAS real/posted

I am sure, I am missing something but do not know what. Do you guys mind posting your config screen shots here?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the screen shot of Calculation field of the ZDES condition.

Also let me know that ZBAS and ZDES conditions should be different and have the condition purpose as mentioned Statistical and Posted respectively.

Regards,

Sid

rajnikant_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ensure that you have selected proper condition type as reference in calcuation object field for contion type % base rent expense.

Please send me the screenshot of Condition tab and calculation of % base rent in expense condition type.

Thanks

Rajnikant

rajnikant_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case there is work around solution for this, do not make statistical condition for ZBAS. You can link with a clearing GL via account symbol and other setting. So your entry will be like this

ZBAS   Debit to Clearing GL

ZBAS Credit to clearing GL

ZDES debit to Customer

ZDES credit to Revenue GL.

So your purpose will be solved.

Thanks

Rajnikant Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input Rajnikant.

Since we have FM active, system creates Earmarked Funds document for each organizational assignment to the respective conditions. In this case, if ZBAS is not statistical then it will create earmarked funds documents, which is not an acceptable solution to the client because they have to make a provision for such funds.

Is there any other way? Please suggest.

Thanks

rajnikant_verma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

I have tested your scenario successfully in my IDES server. If your condition type ZBAS is in statistical mode then still calculate the value for your ZDES condition type based on your value of percentage and E1 formula.

I think you should check the validity period of ZBAS condition type, it must same or greater than ZDES condition type.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajnikant,

I saw the screenshots you attached and they look correct. Please see mine below.

This one with both posted conditions...

Following shows how it makes dependent condition zero, once I make the basic condition statstical.

Can please share screenshots of your configuration to meet this requirement?

Once agian, thank you Ranikant for all your help.

Thanks