cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment without an extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an issue where last year when I setup an output determination pointing to a smart form it sent out properly with no issue as a .pdf  Now all of a sudden for some reason it is now being sent out without an extension.  I can see everything just fine in SOST but for some reason just this form has no extensions.  We have other smart forms that send out just fine with a .pdf extension.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tamara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamara,

can you share some details on your settings... what kind of driver-program do you use?

And, what settings are made to trigger the output as pdf?

Is it custom-made?

Please answer the questions so that we get a bit more insight... you know, you have to share some details to get some light in the dark.

I also see SCOT not as a place which may cause this error. In my opinion the driver-program itself might cause it.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

The driver program is a custom one.  The settings to trigger the output as pdf are if the delivery gets PGI'd.

I'm not sure why the driver program would be causing the issue because it's code.  The code itself never changed.  It was working for a while and then all of a sudden stopped working.

I just got word yesterday that it was working again.  So it's really not an issue anymore but very perplexing because if it comes up again I don't know what exactly to look for.

Thanks,
Tamara

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, that is really fancy. Maybe you could have a look in the transports.. perhaps you humble over someone's transport which cause and fix the error.

I also don't think that code can change.. execpt there is a transport

Maybe, just maybe someone has changed something and wasn't awre that it also hit's your output.

~Florian

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What way do you convert it to an pdf?

There might be more than one reason.. please share some details. What driver-program do you use and how do you send your mail, via nace-configuring..

I think you know what I mean.

~Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is being converted to a PDF via standard SAP.  This is an output type that is setup in output determination and is being sent via external send.  I don't have access to SCOT however I don't believe that it's an issue with anything in SCOT because other outputs with the same exact configuration being sent have the extension .PDF.

Thanks,

Tamara