cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Column Named <Column Name > has an Embedded blank. ( BODI-1111203)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using custom ABAP transform within an ABAP dataflow to fetch the data from the customer group 5 table TVV5 from SAP ECC. There are only two fields in that table ( Supply chain centre , Description ). However, its resulting in a validation error saying Column Named <Supply Chain Centre > has an Embedded blank. ( BODI-1111203). Below is the screenshot...... Any idea what is this about ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Column names that contain blanks must be embedded in double quotes: "SUPPLY CHAIN CENTRE".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

It was already in double quotes, Still ending up with the same error, Screenshot below..

Also to just to add to my above point,the reason why i am using a custom ABAP transform and not pulling the table directly within ABAP dataflow is because one of the other fields ( Description ) in the table TVV5 is not visible in BODS, even though its visible in ECC system. Not sure why though...

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am assuming the error message is referring to the target schema in your query transform, not to the source. Try and embed the target name in double quotes.

DS does not show column names of data types it does not support, that might be the reason why. What's the exact source datatype of TVV5.DESCRIPTION?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I tried embedding the target name in double quotes. But the issue persists. Screenshot below..

As far as data types in source ECC are concerned, its the CHAR for both the fields.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not exactly the same error message as you had before. Notice the double quotes!

Can you try with a name SUPPLY_CHAIN_CENTRE for your target column? Let's see if that works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked Dirk...Thank you....

Why can't the column names in target schema ( with input from the Custom ABAP custom transfer ) have spaces ?

Observation : The column names with spaces in target schema will result in validation error.

The column names with spaces in input schema ( Custom ABAP transform ) results in runtime error.

Both needs to be corrected...

Thank you....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest changing the target schema name to Supply_Chain_Centre should solve the purpose.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not related to the schema name at all. But may be due to the target column name. As I already posted 45 minutes ago .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Yep you are correct. my mistake its target column name rather than schema name

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Can you please check what does the column Supply Chain Center contains. Check the data type of this column in SAP ECC Tables...

Regards

Arun Sasi