Xcode 6.2

OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite

Enterprise distribution certificate for deplyment

.ipa for iPhone4S, 5 (tested)

ipd also inside Airwatch (tested)

App config:

SMP proxy is not used.

The issue:

We use FC to launch the Fiori Launchpad where there are some Fiori apps. The problem is that after type usr pwd, it took very long time to see the Launchpad UI. Tried the standard FC from Apple Store, and it worked very fast.

Does anyone have any idea? I see some info about the slow UI performance for Android devices which can be solved using crosswalk, but my understanding is that crosswalk is not for iOS.

Thanks.

Dong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the info. We noticed that the slowness was somehow related to how many fiori apps that are set for the users. Eg, for manager users who has many fiori apps at the launchpad, it would take much longer than that for an employee user who only has two apps. It does seems to be a simple issue, and SAP seems doing study on it. I close this thread.

Thx.

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dong,

Do you find any solution to this issue?

We are also facing the same issue in iOS devices. In iOS devices from Browser/Standard Fiori Client/ Custom Fiori Client, its taking more than 1 minute to load the launchpad tiles. But if we use chrome browser in iOS device its loading immediately.

Regards,

Fibeesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fibeesh,

I'v not heard anything from SAP regarding this.

Br,

Dong

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry folks, I am a Fiori Client Support Architect so couldn't answer the issue with the slow launchpad.  I will redirect the question to the Fiori team.

Rgards,

Kevin

Kevin_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Have you tired testing the same URL through Mobile Safari to see if it is slow also?

We have had reports of slowness on iOS and we are researching.  The details are iOS uses HTTP pipelining when the connection is slow. This means iOS bundles several requests (2-3 to our observations) together but the ICM does only response to one of them and ignores the others. After a timeout of about 1 minute (transparent to the FLP) the Safari automatically repeats the ignored requests. It may happen that this happens a second time, but not a third time – then the requests are not repeated anymore.  Seems to happen in Mobile Safari Browser more often than Fiori Client and doesn't happen in Mobile Chrome on same device.

Thanks,

Kevin Bates

SAP AGS