Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usefull life issue,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Here is the scenario,

I have asset which has the depreciation start date as 01.01.2008 and has a useful life of 12 years, Now I am changing the useful life to 15 years.

Depreciation key "percentage from useful life" and has a 0 percentage.

My question is

1. Now system is calculating till 2020 fiscal year and showing blank for fiscal year 2021 and 2022 in comparisons tab.

2. This recalculation should be from 2012 fiscal year , but the adjustment entries should be done in the current fiscal year.

Please let me know

Thanks

Sudhir Krishna Kumar Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205661
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Is your depreciation key over remaining useful life?

The values area recalculated for all open fiscal years, adjustment for the past years should take place in the current year. Depending on whether or not you have smoothing indicator on, this will be in a lump sum or shared over the remaining periods in the current year.

In general, you should check also your depr.key customizing, as these settings also determine how depreciation is calculated, and especially at the end of the useful life.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Brigitte

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Check your scrap value settings. System must be forecasting depreciation after reducing the scrap value from the current book value.

cassio_goulart
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sidhir,

I did your scenario in my test enviroment and I advice you use the date of deprecioation start in the valuation area that you have to change the usefull life. Ex, If you change the usefull live of 12 to 15 year and it must have began in 01.01.2012 you have to use this date in the depreciation start of the valuarion area.

The adjustement of the value of the asset will be done in the current year. If necessary, the SAP will post the value adjutment in the next depreciation run (AFAB).

Best Regards

Cassio B. Goulart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in OAYR if Smoothing is checked for that depreciation area

if Smoothing is checked, then try running AFAR to recalculate depreciation

Why do you need the depreciation recalculated from 2012? Is it for purchase accounting?