cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert the cost in the Maintenance Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem and I need help to find a solution.

My client has a contract with his vendors, in which the payment is on the beginning, before the service is complete.

The service is required by a Purchase Order which has been planned by a Preventive Maintenance Order.

My question is: how can I insert the cost in the Maintenance Order if I don´t have it in the moment of the invoice registration?

Thank you for your answers.

Best Regards,

Sara Silva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

If clients wants to view the cost in maintenance order then whole cycle of external serivce has to be performed from automatic PR to Service entry sheet to Invoice. In this case after SES actual cost will be posted in maintenance order.

Otherway, if advance payment has been done against PO then only service entry sheet is left to be performed then while creating SES you can change the cost center to maintenance cost center or equipment cost center. In this case actual cost wont be visible in maintenance order but can be visible through cost center report.

Thanks

kaushik Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kaushik Ghosh,

Thank you for your answer.

Best Regards

Sara Silva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi Sara,

Do you wish to view Actual cost or planned (expected) in maintenance order

thanks & regards

Kaushik

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sara

What I understand is you need to keep this information in the Task List Master Data and when creating a work order, you want this information to be present in the work order. Am I correct?

Are you using Service Master Data? If so, you may have planned costs on th service master record. Or if you are not using cataloged service master records,  you have two other options:

1) You can enter the planned cost of the entire service at EXPECTED VALUE field

2) Or you can enter costs for each service item even if they are free text items.

Please find the attachment.

Both of these information will be copied into the Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order too. (Check services and Limits TABS in the PO Item).

Regards

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really need help on this.

Just anyone can throw this in pass?

What you do?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Sara Silva

Kaushikghosh87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi sara,

Need some clarification on following points:

1. Payment is done to vendor at the start of contract and invoice is processed?

2. External Service is being created from maintenance order for every service taken?

3. What is client requirement, do want to view cost in maintenance order or they want to view whether they have taken serivce from vendor for that amount of cost.?

Thanks & regards

Kaushik Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushik Ghosh,

This is de answers for your points:

1. Yes.
  2. Yes, the external Service is being created from maintenance order.
  3. The client wants to view cost in maintenance order.

Thanks and best regards,

Sara Silva