Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rolling Forecast

Nagdocs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on Input Ready Query Layout for rolling forecast planning, and we have the requirement of YTD Actuals and rolling 12 periods of Plan values at any given time.

Just wondering what are best options to go for rolling 12 months and making to ytd actuals.

Appreciate your responce.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

what exactly is your question?

is YTD a key figure that is already populated? Or is it something, that in a reporting query would be calculated through exception aggregation?

If the later, then you will have problems with the planning. Maybe you could do the planning with an DSO, but I did not use this yet.

regards

Cornelia

Nagdocs
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Corenelia,

Thanks for responding back and sorry for the late responce.

I am thinking to have a Plan Cube(PLAN1) where Users can input their plan values for CC. Actuals will be copied along and PLAN1, I am thinking of having the YTD Calculation to be performed using FOX and save the data in the cube. Reason is, I need to compare current YTD with last months Snapshot YTD.

Does it make sense ?

Aslo, I need to retract the data back to ECC. Just wondering if I need to lock the planning for retraction process.  If Yes, then I will copy the Plan data into another Cube PLAN2 simulateneously and will retract back to ECC.

Additionally, I would like to have a Back-up Cube which would take the data Plan1 after the Plan values are confirmed at the end of the month.

Please let me know your thoughts/comments on this process. Appreciate your responce.

BR,

-Priya-

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I still can´t what is rolling here. In your Screenshot you show only one year, not 12 rolling forecast periods.

But as far as the screenshot goes - yes it will work.

For the retraction - if I remember right, the retraction takes data only out of closed = green requests, so you would not have to close the planning. But I would do it anyway only during a time slot when there is no user doing any planning.

regards

Cornelia

Nagdocs
Explorer
0 Kudos

The other Problem is, there needs to have a Totals Columns, Compartivite Columns at the end of Curr Year and at the end of Next Year.

This is not something fully Dynamic, thinking something like create two queires and create a AO workbook on top of them.

Did anybody have worked this kind of requirement earlier ? Any thoughts please.

Thansk,

Priya.