Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Outbound idoc for Material Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to send outbound IDoc when a material reservation is created with tcode MB21.

I have been working on this issue and finding the solution in SCN for a week...

I found some messages similar to this but I could not find out the correct way how to do that.

At this moment, I configured BD64/WE20 referring the following topic which seems to be feasible solution but could not find any outbound IDocs created, unfortunately.

I appreciate if someone can help me how to create outbound IDoc with MB21 or advice some possibility of missing configuration or steps.

Best Regards,

Kenji

7 REPLIES 7

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenji,

You can use Message Type MRESCR and IDOC TYPE : MRESCR01 for Materials Reservation

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/Step+by+Step+procedure+for+creation+of+IDOC

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I already configured both message type and idoc type you mentioned in Partner Profile.

(See my original question)

In addition, I have created Distribution Model assigning MaterialReservation.CreateFromData as BAPI to dispatch the message.

Is additional configuration required?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kenji

0 Kudos

Hi;

Have been able to find the solution to create the IDoc MRESCR after entering a reservation? 

I am in the same situation and I do not see the IDoc output in the BD87. 

It would be nice if you share the solution.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Hi A D,

I actually referred the topic you raised.

But I cannot create any IDocs during reservation creation at this moment.

I will let you know if I can find out the solution.

But it would be great if you can try the same and exchange the effective information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kenji

0 Kudos

Hi A D,

I think it is not right way to do but I finally generate outbound reservation IDoc.

I found the Enhancement 'MBCF0007' which runs AFTER saving the document,

If you can try to write easy ABAP in 'EXIT_SAPMM07R_001', you will create MRESCR IDoc by using function module 'ALE_RESERVATION_CREATE'.

If you found the better way, pls let me know.

Thanks!

Regards,

Kenji

0 Kudos

Hi Kenji;

Thanks for the replies and the information shared. 

The first solution that we wanted to implement was to operate the automatic creation of the outbound IDoc reservation when we transmit an Inbound Idoc for to create reservation.. The goal was to retrieve the reservation number in order to use it in another flow. After several searches, we have chosen to use the BAPI instead of the IDoc. So can transmit our reservation number using a external range number. This works well.

I should mention that flow that we put in place is between an external system and SAP using an EAI. 

If need more information, do not hesitate.

Best regard

adel_adel
Participant
0 Kudos

can you share the solution pls