cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while launching the Relay Server Outbound Enabler for Afaria SP05 components

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Appreciate your support.

I am facing an issue at RSOE side while i run the below script:

rsoe -cr <param> -f <farm> -id <id>  - (To launch the RSOE)

which after editing turns our to be

rsoe.exe -cr "host=bpromobrle100.dmz.nwc;port=80;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll" -f afaria -id (c9h

Attaching the screenshot of the error. I am unable to find any solution to this.

Thanks & Regards

Sajan Mathew

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

just one more idea you want to check ,  how much is the amount of space available left you got on that machine? I have seen a behaviour like this when the server was running out of space.

Regards

Vittorio

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vittorio,

Relay server machine or the Afaria server machine? I have 13 GB left in relay server but enough space in Afaria server. Do you think Relay server space is causing the problem?

Thanks & Regards

Sajan Mathew

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sajan,

as what user are you logged onto the windows server? Can you please logon as the Afaria service account user and run the CMD from which you execute the command with "Run as Administrator" permission?

Furthermore please tell us what RSOE.exe version you are using?

Best regards

Ercin Nurol

SAP Active GlobalSupport

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ercin,

Thanks for your reply.

It's an admin account and am running the CMD with "Run as Administrator" permission.

Please find the rsoe.exe version and other details in the snapshot attached.

Best Regards

Sajan Mathew

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

Can you please check how many rsoe.exe processes are running? The error can also happen when you more then one rsoe.exe process is running with the same configuration. Can you reboot the server and then start the rsoe again to see if you then still have this error?

Regards

Ercin

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

There is also actually a problem with your configuration string. you are missing a -cs parameter for the backendserver and port. For instance -cs "localhost;port=80". - cs stands for backendserver. The port that you define here might be different depending for which Afaria component (iPhoneServer, Afaria server itself, PortalPackage server) you are creating the port. But this has most likely nothing to do at the moment with this particular error.

For what Afaria component do you create this rsoe? Is it for the Afaria server itself or is it for the iPhoneServer?

If it is for the Afaria server itself, then please double check in the Afaria Admnistrator-->Server Configuration-->Server-->RelayServer if you have checked the the checkbox Start the outbound enabler with the Afaria service? Can you please also upload a screenshot from this section?

Regards

Ercin

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ercin,

Yes, many rsoe processes were running. I ended all rsoe process trees and tried executing the command again which gives me HTTP status error as shown below:

Regards

Sajan M

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ercin,

When i use -cs instead of -cr, it throws me following error - OEE1038: Invalid Outbound Enabler command line near '-cs'

Please see the screenshot of relay config from admin console as requested.

Also i got the following error generated in admin console -

XRS4948: The Outbound Enabler service has failed repeatedly and will not be

restarted.EXPLANATION: The RSOE has failed more times than allowed in Server Properties.The

Afaria service will continue to run, but incoming relay server connections will

fail.ACTIONS: Stop and restart the Afaria service. If the problem persists you may need to

reinstall the Afaria software.  If the problem still persists, contact your support

representative.

Can we increase these attempts from anywhere?

Regards

Sajan M

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to execute the rsoe command for Afaria, Enrollment & Package server components which are installed on the same server machine.

Thanks & Regards

Sajan Mathew

ercin_nurol
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sajan,

First of all you need a -cr AND and a -cs parameter in every rsoe.config file. This might be the reason for the new error that you receive after you have killed all RSOE'S. Please ensure that you have a -cr and -cs parameter and then kill the rsoe.exe process again and start it new.

You need a rsoe.config file for each Afaria component. As you are using the in-build outbound enabler for the Afaria service, you need a dedicated rsoe.config file for the Enrollment server and a designated rsoe.config file for the Package server.

Altogether you only should see 3 rsoe.exe's in the task manager.

Regards

Ercin

tracy_barkley
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I might also point out that your backend afaria server is listening on port 80.  If you have also installed the admin, enrollment server and or package server, (or any other web page) unless you changed your port in IIS, that is also looking to answer on port 80.  Easiest solution is to go into the device communication page in server > configuration and set the HTTP port there to something like 81, and then have the  relay server set to connect to the Afaria server on that 81 port.  You would still use the IIS port for the other RSOE.

Tracy Barkley

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy/Ercin,

I also changed the port as you suggested but still i get the same error. I worked through this entire process on my Production Afaria system as well, even there i get the same error.

When executing the following command to restart the relay server host - rshost.exe -u -qc -f rs.config

I get this error "<rshost> RSF11031: Failed attaching to shared memory of Relay Server 'ias_relay_server_host' "

When executing the command to launch the rsoe host (as suggested by Ercin, included -cr & -cs parameters) > rsoe.exe -cr "host=relayserverhost address;port=80;url_suffix=/ias_relay_server/server/rs_server.dll" -cs "host=localhost;port=81" -f afaria -id (rdv1

I get this error " <OEHost> OEE1022: The Outbound Enabler received an unexpected HTTP error status:  HTTP/1.1 400 Failed to attach to Relay Server state store " & "  OEF10003: The Outbound Enabler was unable to create shared memory for communicating shutdown "

Thanks & Regards

Sajan Mathew

former_member198720
Participant
0 Kudos

+ as per the KBA 2024319 - What does the following RSOE error indicate: "HTTP Error 400.0 - Failed to attach to Rela... - I am using the account with admin privilages.

Best Regards

Sajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good that you located an article regarding the error. I thought that document was pretty clear for you to find out what went wrong.

IT is not about whether the account you run rshost.exe had admin privileges.

What we say in the document is:

To avoid permission issues, use the same system user to start the rshost process that is used for your IIS Application Pool.

So, the Relay Server rshost.exe process runs as a service. Under which account does it run on?

and under which account you used to configure the IIS Application Pool when you set up the Relay Server?

Are they the same account?