cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLAP Connection Creation in CMS using .NET sdk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I create  an OLAP connection using .net C# code ?

provider is SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse  ... BW 7.x...based on BEx query.

What all dlls are needed ?

Authentication is LDAP.

I am new to sdk and OLAP creations.

It would be great if I get code snippet as well.

Is this possible ? if not possible in .NET then is it possible in Java ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Pramod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not use reports created on OLAP in VS .NET. It will not work because there are no APIs in CRVS2010 that will allow you to work with OLAP Cubes. There is a number of datasources that you can connect to in CR 2001 that you can not connect to using CRVS2010. Some of these would be:

Universes

BEX

SAP BW

Infosets

and more.

See the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio 2010 - Supported Platforms, "Supported Database Connectivity" section for more details.

With luck, you may be able to view the report - if there are no changes to the datasource, etc., but that is about it. You definitely will not be able to open the report in the CR designer integrated in the VS .NET IDE. I would also not even attempt to add the report to the project. If you really, really want to try, use the reportdocument.Load method to load the report from HD.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uber,

Thank you,

I missed to mention main requirement:

We are working on BO SAP Analysis tool that uses olap connections created in BO CMS based on BEX query in BW.

The connections created are used to run SAP Analysis on Excel tool.

The challenges is that we have 100 plus connections and many be time consuming also we have to migrate connections across regions.

Plan was to automate its creation thru any SDK/RestFul approach .

The first thing that came to my mind to automate its creation in CMC using .NET just as I was able to create a folder using plugin manager .

Answers (0)