cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule jobs issue after the upgrade

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have Data Services jobs scheduled via management console in 4.0 Environment. I upgraded the repository to 4.2 and attach it in CMC and also in Server manager. Both the environments are in different servers.

Login to Data Services management console. Click on the upgraded repository schedules, scheduled jobs listed there. But there is no Job server atatched to it. When i try to activate or edit the schedule, i am getting below error.

Schedule:billing_rep Error:Socket is closed] When contacting the server above exception was encountered, so it will be assumed the schedule is not active anymore.

Am i missing any steps?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

Below is my suggestion regarding your query:

• Edit existing Job server and update the details regarding Local reporsitory and save it.
  • Now try to map the same job server in scheduled jobs and check it was working or not

Or Else

• Create new Job server and assign it to local repository.
  • In this case you have to update your all real time & batch Job configuration.

Thanks,

Daya

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Daya,

Yes. It was connected to new job server after the upgrade. Even i deactivate the schedules and activate the schedules. But still Job Server name does not appear.

It looks like schedules are working fine. But it does not show the job server name on the main screen.

When i open the schedule, i can see the new job server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to assign a job server while scheduling. Since you upgraded the repository, are you seeing the old job servers still in the scheduler? If so you need to select a new job server that is assigned to that repo.

Arun