Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM: question on equipment shifting, plants and controlling areas

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a PM/PP specific question about equipment, plants and controlling areas.

Today I am working in a German company on the plastics industry which goes now to Romania with a new production plant.

We use SAP ERP 6.0 without EHP (... but we will switch this to EHP6 in sommer).

To run our processes we are using PM and PP for the manufacturing processes.

Current situation

- we have one tool shop in Germany which creates tools and gives maintenance to these tools. The tools are organized by using a SAP equipment object. The equipment is the tool number, e.g. like T10002130. The plant is 0001 linked to controlling area 0010 (with a fixed currency of EUR ... unfortunatly not changable in an easy way).

- we have a production area, which uses these tools to produce our plastic products by using PP orders with the linked PM equipment in use of production resources & tools (PRT, deutsch: FHM, Fertigungshilfsmittel)

- in addition to this we have a lot of maintenance plans and PM orders to the equipments. Each equipment has also a measuring point to save the production cycles to SAP by a data collecting system.

- last but not least a lot of information is stored by linking DMS dokuments (drawings of products or each single equipment part) or QM notifications directly to the equipment.

- the maintenance costs are linked to a WBS element in PS module, set in IE02.

1. E.g. the equipment T10002130 is linked to WBS element PT10002130 … similar to the equipment key.

New situation

• we build up a new plant 0002 of Romania in a new controlling area 0020, now with controlling area 0020 and a multi-currency scenario, none EUR.
  • some of the equipment must shift to Romania physically
  • because of the technical complexity a lot of single parts of the shifted equipments must have a maintenace in Germany.
  • the WBS for collecing the maintenace cannot be shiftet, if costs are already transferred to it

Result

Now we have a bad situation for example:

- the tool is shifted after creation in Germny to plant 0002/controlling area 0020 Romania in IE02.

This is poor … you have to delete a lot of data to do this.

- the tool shop cannot create a PM order linked to this equipment in parallel, because

of message I0 231, "MaintPlant 0002 and PlanPlant 0001 are in different

controlling areas"

Now we are on a big internal discussion how to handle this processes.

Way 1) shift the equipment continuously between the two plants on each maintenance case.

Pros: only one equipment object

Cons: trouble with switching the data, trouble on PP orders if you want to create

PM spare parts or to do some maintenance in parallel

Way 2) create a second equipment/WBS, each in a specific controlling area

German:   equipment T10002130 ... number range 1 = contrl. area 0010, WBS PT10002130

This equipment is uses for built-up and maintenance

Romania:  equipment T20001077 ... number range 2 = contrl. area 0020, WBS PT20001077

This equipment is used for PP purposes

Cons: multiple equipments for the same physical object => lifecycle, overview ?

many links because of SAP DMS, maintenance plans, PP routings, ...

Pros: separate objects to hande PM/PP in parallel, separate costs

We tried to get help on the consulting side ... but it seems that notbody has experiance on running PM/PP on such scenarios in parrallel.

So our last chance to get a little help on this complex szenario is to ask the SCN experts .... in other words .... you !

• What kind of process/way would you choose ?
  • Is there a third way possible ?
  • Do you have some go/no-go's of our possible way 1/2 ?

All what I found inside SCN was:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/593439

Every idea or comment is welcome.

Thank you very much for your interest and answering.

Pls share your experiences ...

Regards

Markus              

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

I believe you should use the EAM space for this one. This is a non-typical scenario. So can you ask the moderator to move this into the EAM space which might receive more attention.

You can do that by clicking on "Alert Moderator" button I guess.

Cheers

Savas

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for replay ... I did an inquiry to move this ...

Regards,

Markus