cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run macro on refresh not working (SAP BW 7.3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I went through tons of threads and tried a lot of options in those  threads before posting a new thread. May be i am doing something wrong . please advise.

I created a VBA code to hide rows between message log and output layout . The code seems to work great. The problem comes when there are lots of error messages which unhides the rows and after removing the error messages and clicking on refresh removes the error messages but does not hide the BLANK rows . The VBA code does not seem to execute after i click on refresh .

Macro code :

Sub <Macro name> (ParamArray varname())

Dim cell As Range

<Code>

End Sub

I added the macro code in VBA project -> Modules -> Module 1 ( I even added in the BExInterfaceModule and tried but did not succeed ) . Some threads were mentioning about call back module but i don't see that module in the VB editor.

I tried these following options :

1) Unchecked  "Refresh workbook on open" ( General tab in workbook settings)

2) mentioned the macro name ( Sub <Macro name> (ParamArray varname())) in  Run macro on refresh ( Exit tab in workbook settings).

Help is appreciated here.

Regards,

Satish M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone who has used the workbook setting  "Run macro on refresh"   please explain how they did it.

The SAP help documentation is not helping. : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/f26efd41e43376e10000000a421937/content.htm

any guidance is appreciated.

Regards,

Satish M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is solved now.

The SAP help documentation is wrong . please follow the following thread for the correct resolution :