Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order and Production in different plants

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario where Customer specific Sales orders (MTO) will be created in one common plant, whereas production can happen in 2 other plants.

The common plant doesn't physically exists and is created in SAP to cater common requirements (raw materials, plant equipment, shared services, common items etc).

There are 2 ways to create Sales order:

1. Create order for both production plants in individual plants. (In SO line, specify the individual plant)

2. Create order for the common plant. The requirements should be distributed to both the production plants.

If I go with the 2nd option, SD, LE and QM will not have pain areas.

But, when i run MRP, the SD requirement will show in common plant. How can I transfer that to production plant?

I do have PIRs in individual plants. The same should be reduced as well.

I can create an so specific order though CO08, which is not preferred. Is there a way to auto-convert the requirement to another plant?

Thanks

Prem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Suppose you enter the sales order in the common plant. If you know which percentage will be supplied by each the production plants, you can use Quota Arrangement in order to split the requirement and generate replenishment orders in each production plant.

Suppose that you have:

- Plant A: common plant

- Plant B: Manufacturing 1

- Plant C: Manufacturing 2

Suppose that you enter a sales order of 1000 CS in Plant A. If your Quota said that 30% will be source from Plant B and 70% from Plant C, you will see that the MRP generate STR (Stock transfer requisitions) 300 CS for B and 700 CS for C.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the method i am actually looking for. But, will this consume the PIR also?

I have SOP on plant B and C, which will flow to MRP. When i have an SO from common plant converted to PrdOrder in Plant A, I need the PIR of plant A should get reduced by the SO quantity. will this happen?

Also, Quota arrangement can be made across plant? I thought it's within plant, across versions.

Could you please explain this a bit more?

Thanks

Prem

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

The forecast will need to be loaded in plant A, so will be consumed by the sales order.

To use Quota Arrangement you will need to use Special Procurement types for Stock transfers. Suppose that you create at plant A these special procurement types:

91 - Stock transfer with Source B

92 - Stock transfer with Source C

Then when you create the Quota Arrangement at plant A, you will enter something like this:

F  91    30%

F  92    70%

Knd Regards.

Mariano

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

Quota arrangement with special procurement type P ('Production in alternative plant')

As suggested you can use the Quota arrangement  in this case along with special procurement key production in alternative plant

Production in Alternative Plant - Special Planning Processes - SAP Library

The customizing for the special procurement SPRO -> Production -> Material Requirements Planning -> Master Data -> Define Special Procurement Type for both required plants.

For quota arrangement which has a special procurement P - Prod. other plant" defined in MEQ1, you should make sure that the field "procurement plant" is correctly maintained and percentage.

Quota usage should be 4 in material master. Please test this for PIR consumption BAdi 'MD_PIR_FLEX_CONS' will be helpful

Please see note  1967124 - BAdI enhancement for flexible primary independent requirements consumption/reduction.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks convincing. Let me check all scenarios and will come back.

My major worry is on the PIR consumption.

MTO will not always happen. It's either MTS or MTO. So, I need to ensure that MTO consumes PIR, even in case of multi-plant.

Thanks

Prem

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rupesh,

Let me check this out.

Thanks

Prem

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh / Mariano,

Actually the special procurement key concept doesn't seem to work for my case.

In Plant A, i can only specify one Sp.proc key, though in settings i maintain two.

i.e, I have created 91 : Plant B and 92: Plant C.

I can only set one of them in my MM02 of Plant A.

Also, the quota arrangement for the FG material is not considered when i set sp proc key (if i set this to Plant B, planned order always goes to plant B, though quota is set 50:50).

Also, the forecast / plan is present in plant B and C. There's no plan in plant A.

When planned orders are getting created (say in Plant B), it is not consuming PIRs.

Say my plant B is 6997. I have a PIR of 12,000 for this month. It is shown separately and doesn't get consumed.

Anything i'm missing / doing incorrect?

Thanks

Prem

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

As you said, in the materials master you can only define one special procurement type. The MRP will consider your Quota Arrangement (in case it was created) so this should not be an issue. If you see that the MRP is not considering the Quota Arr., check if you have Quota Arrangement Usage 4 in the Material Master (MRP2).

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mariano,

The quota is maintained (Quota was greater than order which is why i didn't see the split earlier) and is splitting to multiple plants.

In Plant A, i have maintained Sp Proc as Plant B, quota is 4.

Quota arrangement has ratio maintained for both plants (B and C). Special Proc is P.

Now, the requirements are split. But, PIRs of plant B and C are not getting consumed.

In MRP3 view, there's planning plant, planning material and conv factor. SAP Help says if i maintain a plant name over here, the SO will consume PIR of this plant. I haven't tested this yet, but I want the PIR of both plants to get consumed based on Planned order (split based on quota). Is this possible?

Thanks

Prem

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have tried out many settings, but left with 2 issues:

1. When i create an MTO Order (SO with TAK category, req type KE), it is generating Planned order based on split on next plant. But, this is not showing original SO reference.

i.e, When PlndOrder is generated in another plant, I'm loosing SO reference.

So, if i convert that to Production order and produce, stock will be free stock.

2. Requirements are flowing to multi-plants, but the PIRs of those plants are not getting consumed. This is coming as an additional planned order. I'm using strategy 40 (to incorporate MTO).

All other features are fine. any suggestions to rectify the issue? Or is it standard behaviour?

Thanks

Prem

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shailesh_mishra5
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Prem,

You can take the help of Planning Strategy 82 with the combination of Special Procurement keys in your common plant. The common plant will accept sales order which will trigger production orders in your Production plant directly with the help of Spl Proc Keys, OMD9.

Take the help of below link.

Best regards

Shailesh Mishra

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shailesh,

Thanks for your inputs.

Actually my scenario is different. I do not want the SO to control my PrdOrder. Also the plan should get consumed and the process should not skip MRP. Assembly processing will directly create PO from SO, which is not desirable.

Thanks

Prem