cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure NWDI \ Connect systems to NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I'm absolutelly new in tis so i need professional's support.

I've installed system with DI component. Used Wizard to deploy NWDI with CMS (as i can see SLD now started, some configuration in DRT and CMS apears also).

Now i have 3 BPM systems (Dev, Q and Prod).

What should i do next?

How to connct this 3 system to use NWDI?

I reading sap help but its not clear for me.

May be sombody have good manuals for starters (idiots)?

Any help would be nice!

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew,

The point is to create a track and in the track configuration you can configure the relation between the systems. That is where you specify how the systems (dev, Q, prod) are connected. This should be done in CMS -> Landscape Configurator -> Track Data -> Runtime systems.

Helpful link: Configuring Runtime Systems.

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

thant you for your information. Now i know system connecting only in track settings!

But i have more questions:

1. Do i need to create Software Components in SLD?

2. Do i nee to do this? :

Import Software Components into this track

The Software Component archives ( .sca files ) must be downloaded from the Service Marketplace ( http://service.sap.com/patches ) and placed into the inbox folder of the CMS.  The inbox folder can be found under the following path: <CMS Transport Directory>\CMS\inbox, where the <CMS Transport Directory> is specified in the “Domain Data” tab of the CMS Landscape Configurator).

In our case, this path is /usr/sap/JTrans/CMS/inbox                 Or

The .sca archive files can be picked from j2ee server from following location /usr/sap/NWD/SYS/global/CMS_CBS/plugins Or /usr/sap/NWD/DVEBMGS00/SDM/root/origin_sc/sap.com

The following .sca files must be placed into the CMS inbox folder:

• SAP_JTECHS.sca
  • SAP_BUILDT.sca
  • SAP-JEE.sca

3. What else should i configure to make NWDI work in general?

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be able to develop an application you need certain "building blocks" called dependencies that can be downloaded from the marketplace.

Place them in the inbox folder and in the CMS -> Transport Studio "check-in" these SCAs and then go to the next tab called Development where you can import the same. When the import is successfully finished, you also have to specify the SC that you are about to develop. That is done in SLD -> Software Components.

Regards,

Peter

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what you found is an old description for 640/700. I am not sure BPM existed that time.

What you need to do on the other hand is the same with slight differences.

First you need to find out what is the release you intend to develop for. Assuming you use 7.3 you can see in the corresponding note (1457908 - Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.3 Track) which SC dependencies to use from BPM when you build you product (creating your custom SC in SLD and specifying build time dependencies).

Once you finished in SLD, you need to trigger "Update CMS" in CMS webui (Landscape Conf --> Domain Data) and create the track where you add you custom SCs (with the SC dependencies configured previously in SLD). After that you need to make sure the SCs are physically available in your <transpor folder>/CMS/inbox  (find your transport folder by checking it on the Domain Data).

Once the files downloaded from Service Marketplace and put to the transport folder, you need to Check-In (CMS webui --> Transport Studio - select your track -- you find check-in on the first tab).

If it is checked in you need to import to Development and Consolidation. If it is done then you can start your NWDS and import the corresponding development configuration.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thank you for good descrioption.

One more question:

Curentlly i have 7.31.sp1 version of NWDI system.

i guess inbox folder now not in Jtrans anymore. It looks loke its in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMSxx1as1XX1 folder. And all SCA files there has sp1 version (for example sapbuildt01_0.sca).

I need version sp11. Do i need to update the system to sp11 and file will be updated also?

Or i can just take file from another system with version for example sapbuildt11_0.sca?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMSxx1as1XX1 is not the NWDI Transport folder. That folder is used by the upgrade tool (SUM), however my expertise on upgrade is pretty limited.

Yes, it is not necessarily called JTrans or trans but it can be any location +/CMS/inbox as I wrote in my previous post.

If you need version SP11 for your track then you don't need to update any system, just download the corresponding SP from the markerplace, put it to your NWDI transport folder (not the sum upgrade folder) and then you'll be able to check-it in (if certain rules applies like described in #1259604 – CMS check-in tab: Not all files from inbox are displayed ) , import, and so on.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hm... but Transport Directory by default was created here /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMSxx1as1XX1

I see it in Domain Data...

Should i chage it? And if i should change it do i need to copy all files from /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMSxx1as1XX1 to new folder (new transport directory)?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no need to change it, I only wanted to point out that the CMS inbox folder is

<transport folder>/CMS/inbox and this is where CMS expects the SCAs for check-in and import.

/usr/sap/trans/EPS/in/CMSxx1as1XX1/CMS/inbox in your case is correct.

You can copy the required files from the EPS/in folder or if they are not available there (because you need say a different SP version) then download from the service marketplace.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin, you helped me a lot! 🙂 Thank you!

Can i ask one last question?

Can i get this files (SCA) from my BPM system and put it in to NWDI system? BPM system 7.31sp1 (exactly what i need). And if i can where they are located in files sytem?

Or i have no choice and have to download it from sap marketplace?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

you are welcome. Unfortunately my knowledge on BPM is pretty limited, so I am not sure where those SCs are located and if they can be reused for nwdi import. From the Service Marketplace you can of course download, just make sure that inside one Track you use the same Release and SP of a Software Component (patch level can be any).

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (0)