cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner inheritance stop from header to item only for opportunity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could anybody help me in the below requirement.

In standard , in any business transaction, partners of Header inherited to Items.

Table SMOFPARSFA. The parameter PARTNER_NO_INHERIT is intiial.

I have a requirement, where we need to stop this partner inheritance from header to item for Opportunity only.

What would be approach to do this. Is there any BADI available for this?

Appreciate your quick response.

Thanks

Sudhansu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

You can use badi COM_PARTNER_BADI method FILTER_OUT_INHERIT_PARTNERS for your requirement. This badi method is called when the item partnerset is created with the inherited partners from the header. The output table of the BAdI, ET_PARTNERSET, represents all the

partner functions copied from header to item.

Best regards

Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marion,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried with this BADI but the BADI didnt trigger.

1. I clicked on Opportunity creation link..

2. on the details page, the Employee responsible is assigned as my name both in header and item.

3. Now i changed the Emp resp to another one.

4.Now it got changed in Item level as well.

As per my requirement this should not change in Item.

Note till now i didnt save the Opp.

Could you please help me in this case.

Thanks

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

the badi should be called at the end of FM CRM_PARTNER_DETERM_SPLITT_OW.

Can please also see following note with all setting described for partner inheritace. I hope this note is helpful:

1008458 Partner inheritance process within business transactions

Best regards

Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marion,

I checked the Note. The opp header and item both having different PDP.

I checked the FM CRM_PARTNER_DETERM_SPLITT_OW. The badi COM_PARTNER_BADI is called at the end of this FM. But this will be called if ET_PARTNERSET is NOT INITIAL.

So in my case, when i am changing Employee at header, the ET_PARTNERSET is always initial. Hence it is not getting called.

Any idea, why the ET_PARTNERSET is initial.

Do you have any other way to do this.

Thanks

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

you need to make sure that on item an own partner set entry is created. This might be a bit tricky. If item and header partners (functions) are different ET_PARTNERSET is filled. If you have the same partner on header and item only one set entry is created and ET_PARTNERSET is empty (although you have different partner procedures on header and item).

You could use one parnter function in your item partner procedure that is not available on header and that is determined automatically when product is entered. Now an own entry for item should be created in the partner set. If you change a header afterwards badi should be called.

Best regards

Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marion,

The header and item is having the same standard partner functions.

Intially when i create a opp, the employee responsible getting filled automatically for header and item.

Then when i change the Emp resp to another one without entering the product for item, its getting inherited to item.

In our case, now we could not change any partner function for item or header.

Is there any way to do this using callback events.

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sudhansu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

when you have the same functions and partner found on header and item, no seperate partner set is created for the item. There is only one partner set valid for header and item. When you change employee now, you just change the existing partner set.

If you do not need seperate partner on item you can consider to remove partner procedure on the item type. Then you would not have an partner assignement block on item.

Or you add at least one different partner function on item partner procedure that is determined.

I do not know any callback event that you could use for your requirements. I think you'd need to modify.

Best regards

Marion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marion,

I have a similar requirement. I have followed the steps you mentioned and was able to restrict the partner function from getting inherited to item level from header. Create scenario works perfectly.

But, when I modify the same partner function at header level the partner function gets inherited to item level.

What should I do in this case?

Regards,

Sayan