cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move rules and cleansing packages from Development to production environment.. in IS ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to move rules and cleansing packages from Development to production environment.. in Information Steward  ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

adrian_storen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Kishore,

There are two ways to migrate rules.  Via export/import (go into DI and on the top right there are icons to do this) and then follow the screens.  This will save a ZIP file with the relevant components.  This can be imported into the target environment.  In 4.2, you can use Promotion Management as well (although I have not tried this yet).

Have a look at the user guide for more info.

I have not migrated cleansing packages but the user guide says Promotion Management can be used.

regards

Adrian

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP Information Steward Administrator Guide (http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sboIS42/en/is_42_admin_en.pdf)

13 Migration between landscapes

13.1 Migration overview

Migration as it relates to SAP Information Steward is the process of moving application configurations between landscapes.

The application life cycle often involves multiple landscapes, with each landscape used for a different phase or set of activities. Although the exact practices vary by company, typically the life cycle moves between non-production (development and test) and production phases.

You can use SAP Information Steward in both phases. Each phase could involve different computers and require different security settings. For example, the initial test may require only limited sample data and low security, while final testing may require a full emulation of the production environment including strict security. The software provides mechanisms for moving objects between landscapes.

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please give me a clear explanation for it