cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC data/booking - business rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC masters,

I am new with BPC and I have a couple of questions about IC data/booking and its business rule. I am sorry if it seems too basic.

1) In the guide BPC440 and other guides available on the internet, we could see they are using ICDIFF01 in debit account in the IC business rule (see picture). What is that account ? Its hierarchy/parents ? Is there any screenshot to see what is its structure ?

2) How does ICDATA retrieve records ? Does it simply find data for AR/AP and P&L where an intercompany dimension is recorded ?

3) ICBOOKING posts the difference between IC for AR/AP. What about P&L ?

Thank you in advance for any reply !

Dat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dat,

1. ICDIFF01 is the specific dimension base member user need to create to store the result data of ICBOOKING.

2. ICDATA calculate the results based on the business rule you defined and the source data in intercompany.

3. You can create your owne business rule & dimension members to meet your specific requirement(P&L). BPC440 is simply an example.

The guide BPC440 is simply an example. You need to customize all the dimension/business rule and logics according to your customer's fact business. So I suggest you not focus on the financial meaning of the account name or rule name too much in the example.

Best Regards,

Arjen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer, sorry for long time to answer !

Have a nice day,

Dat

Answers (0)