Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio Client 1.4 SP00 doesnot shows the backend connections

Ganesha
Participant
0 Kudos

hello everyone,

i am using Design Studio Client 1.4 SP00, in the local mode I am trying to connect BW system but selection screen I am unable see the list of BW connection available in SAP Logon pad, please see the attached screenshot.

I have uninstalled and installed again but still have same issue.

Anyone have ever faced this problem, could you please help

Regards,

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also please see this thread

Ganesha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

thanks for the reply, I just try to open %appdata%/SAP/Common

but "Common" folder doesn't exist, I just created "Common" folder and then then copy the saplogon.ini and SapLogonTree.xml files but doesnt works.

any further advice?

Regards,

Ganesh

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh - can you try reinstalling with the latest patch, SP2?  I would consider uninstalling SP00 first.

Ganesha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy- I installed latest version SP2, still have same problem, this could be the problem of saplogon.ini, any advice?

Regards,

Ganesh

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Please see page 95 of the SAP Help re: the saplogon.ini file - https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012002523100004364282015E/ds14SP02_admin_bip_en.pdf

Perhaps it needs to be added to a file path or?

Ganesha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy - thank you very mach, it works,

If the saplogon.ini file is stored in a virtual SAP GUI application, for example, and not on your PC, then Design Studio cannot find the file or display SAP NetWeaver BW connections in the design tool, So for displaying BW connections following command should  be copied in SapDesignStudio.ini before the -vmargs command.

-aadSaplogoniniPath

<saplogon.ini file path in your local machine>

Regards,

Ganesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your SAP Gui installed on your desktop?  Can you check your saplogon.ini file?