SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upload MT940 statement with type S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am trying to upload MT940 statement with format Type S(SWIFT MT940with field 86 Structured) then system is taking BTC(Business Transactions Code) first 3 digits from tag 86 due to this I am unable to upload the statement and it is not reading from tag 61 codes(NTRF,NCHG) etc. If I upload with type G or I it is working correctly but I am not able to do auto clearing with these options.

Can some one help me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks in advance

Ravi Nalluri

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The SWIFT MT940 message type is not included in the application out-of-the-box therefore, have you specified and written a handler for it?  I would start by looking at the code in the handler defined for that message type.

Kind Regards,

Tina Capadouca

0 Kudos

Dear Tina

Thanks for the reply

We have not done any changes to the existing system and using standard SAP. Is any SAP note to add the missing applications?

Regards

Ravi Nalluri

Venkat_Sesha
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Question looks too generic, some screen shots of issues would help us better to reply the right answer. By the way how do you generate Statements using the Standard SAP Job RBCA_COPR_RUN_PP ? if so what is your Correspondence Type for 940/950 Statements.

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

you should replace the 3 digits from tag 86 by 999 (either by preprocessing of the file, either by user exit).

When these 3 digits are 999, the program is taking external transaction code from tag 61 and not from tag 86, even in S format.

best regards,

Henri