cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run time error : TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED in st22

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are getting runtime error : TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED in production system. for this report rsppfprocess we have batch jobs so may be its running all the action definition and coming up with consuming more memory ? we already checked with basis but they are saying its rsppfprocess program issue. can you please guide me how to solve this issue.

Jimmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

navn_metts
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jimmi,

This dump will be handled by Basis people.

Please contact your basis support they will take the necessary steps to increase the memory.

Br,

Navn

former_member186644
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmi,

The error TSV_NEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED means that more memory was requested
because the program needed to expand an internal table, but is not available.

When Extended Memory is used up, the process will go into PRIV mode
as it starts using Heap Memory  (or vice-versa).  No other user will be able to use this work process while it is in PRIV mode.

If there is enough heap for it to finish, you will not see the error TSV_NEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED and the work process will be freed.

This seems to be a problem with loading of shared memory.

Check value of parameter abap/shared_objects_size_MB in RZ11.
Set the parameter to minimum 250 and increase it when necessary, as per SAP note 1281896. You must start the system newly so that the change becomes effective.

Also take a look at SAP Note 1166259.

Gervase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gervase,

Thanks for your reply. basis traced one job and got its beacuse of heap meomry but we want to stop the dumps and job failures. can you pls provide me how to stop this dumps.

Jimmi

former_member188098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we also faced this type of issue, which comes due to memory issue. The issue was not reproducible for us .so could not take any action.

Regards,

Harish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply. how we can solve this issue just we no need to show any dumps in production. how we can do ... could you guide me pls..

Jimmi