Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New asset accounting S2I notes needed?

joachim_nerreter2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently implementing the new asset accounting to get rid of the Delta dep. areas and prepare the System for SimpleFinance.

When I search for FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL there are 171 notes. A lot of these notes contain "S2I" in the title, and after a few spot checks are not yet in our SAP System.

Is it necessary to have these notes applied? I'm not familiar with the abbrevation "S2I". IFRS (is that is meant here) is not relevant for us.

Thanks.

Exberliner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It stands for "Switch 2 IFRS" which is the theme of the solution and only used for internal purposes.  We won't see S2I in any marketing or similar materials.

joachim_nerreter2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for explaining what it stands for, Nathan.

Are these notes needed in order to have new asset accounting working properly even if IFRS is not relevant to us?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The S2I is just a marker - if the notes are relevant for you depends on the processes you have. We are currently also implementing the new asset accounting and have implemented a lot of the notes although we do not have a IFRS ledger.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes they are relevant.  They are related to the tool/solution regardless of how you are using them.  Of course, an individual note may not be relevant to your specific situation but in general, they're all relevant to FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL.

Personally, I'll have all notes applied until a solution gets up to around SP5.  I don't even read or evaluate them... every Monday I search for newly created notes and email Basis with a new list to implement.