Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespaces after Solution Manager Upgrade

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I want to ask a few technical questions about our upgrade.

We upgraded our Solution Manager system from version 7.0 EHP1 to 7.1.

The Maintenance Optimizer calculated the stack.xml file, and it decided to put Netweaver 7.02 instead of newer?

1. Why is that?

After that on a certain step in SUM the wizard complained that tablespaces are missing:

SLM#EL702D

SLM#EL702I

SLM#ES702D

SLM#ES702I

Oviously for the new Netweaver 7.02.

2. Why the wizard do not create them automatically?

Now when the system is running. I still have the old and the new conatiners.

3. What shall I do with the old conatiners? Can I delete them? Why SUM does not delete them?

SLM#EL700D

SLM#EL700I

SLM#ES700D

SLM#ES700I

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and advice

Regards

Ilian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi llian,

1. Why is that?

For this you've already given the answer so suggesting for your second & third concern

2. Why the wizard do not create them automatically?

New table spaces will get created manually during the upgrade by following the brspace commands to create & extend the new table spaces,this is manual as the upgrade considers existing hardware ( Total space available,memory on the system & processing ) All these things depends on your end & for table space creation SUM tool prompts at particular step after analyzing complete space & required space for new table spaces to fulfill the prerequisites for further steps.Hope i explained .

3. What shall I do with the old conatiners? Can I delete them? Why SUM does not delete them?

For this i would suggest you to refer SAP KBA's   1833552 - Old Oracle tablespace still being used after a system upgrade.

1715052 - Tablespace cannot be deleted after upgrade

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

ILIAN_Grigorov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav Rana for your detailed reply.

I forgot to mention that I am using RHEL linux and DB2 database.

For my 1st question I still don't understand why MO put NW 7.02 instead of 7.30 for example

Anyway, thank you very much for your reply. I guess I have to delete the tablespaces, I could not find this step in any guide!?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ilian,

The newer SAP netweaver version will not be added usually. It is the most compatible SAP netweaver release for your solution manager  version which has been decided by SAP alreadt. (Details can be found in SMP)....This is to make sure that your solution manager behaves in a well co-ordinated manner with the Netweaver platform.

SAP would have made both the above version to work in a colloborative manner.

Say if you upgrade your solution manager to higher version , then the Netweaver also is upgraded to higher version . IT always need not be the latest one.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Answers (0)