cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRFplus vs Hana Rules Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Now with SAP HRF, what should be the strategic positioning of BRFplus and DSM for customers that have a HANA database and a HANA studio available?

Regards,

Cristobal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member84744
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cristobal,

For customers that have ABAP stack in their landscape we definitely recommend to continue with BRFplus\DSM as it will be integrated soon to SAP HRF and therefore they can have a single point of rules management (the  BRFplus\DSM workbench) for transactional rules (ABAP) and DB based\historical rules (HRF on HANA)

For customers that have an HANA only landscape (no ABAP) - we recommend to work with HRF as this is the native rule management in HANA.

BR,

Noam Gilady

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Noam/Cristobal... hmmmm... believe that's the other way around (i.e. HRF integrated into DSM) ...but will know for sure..., i.e. SAP DSM already covers several HANA options and is HANA ready.  Also DSM covers governance for all rules ... not just transactional rule build. Governance - i.e. control over who approves & publishes/deploys new rules is critical to rules lifecycle.

Rgds,

Jocelyn

former_member84744
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn and Cristobal,

1. As I said for NW\ABAP\HANA stack DSM\BRF+ will naturally be the main BRMS.

2. Currently HRF supports only creation of in-database rules on on-premise HANA.

3. We plan to add HCP support and ESP (Event Stream Processor) support in our releases to come.

4. My personal guesstimate would be that already in this year BRF+\HRF integration will be shipped  - but I guess Carsten will know better...

BR, Noam

Answers (0)