SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer when device INST

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello !

I have the following issue with the integration between ISU – MM

I am following standard approach to do install – remove device process with movements U61 and U62 integrated in transaction EG31-32&33

The problem now is that my customer 90% of the times after removal, gets the devices back in the warehouse before the business team can perform the removal in the system.

I cannot then make a stock transfer between the Grid storage location and the warehouse because the device is in status  INST. This means that I cannot acknowledge the reception of the devices in my warehouse.

Is there any way I can get this done using Standard SAP?

Thanks a lot for your valuable help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my understanding, i can suggest you to have a control over the devices which are brought to ware house after removal , before making an entry in SAP.

Just build custom process to achieve this called "Warehouse Entry",in this custom process ask user to feed the devices data so that system will create an entry for every transaction they do.

For this just keep internal numbering with respect to ware house number.

Example: If you have ware house as WH01, then start numbering as WH012015042901(Ware house number followed by year,month, date and running number .Here01 is the first entry made on that day.

Every day send a report to user on the devices came to WH01- Ware house no-1 to make an entry in SAP MM.

Create a "Ware house entry" using some custom transaction .Here put required fields in selection screen and update.

If you want to keep plant wise numbering for this custom process, you can build with the help of ABAPER.

This process does not have any impact on inventory levels.Just to have a control over removed devices which are brought to ware house before updating in SAP MM.

In this process you can provide user to have create, change, display and print if required.

Hope this will help you to satisfy your client.

Regards,

pardhu

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Any suggestion on this? I would really appreciate it!

I have tried to convince the customer to change their business proces but this did not work.

Thanks in advance!!!

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts!

Any help with this issue would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per my understanding, i can suggest you to have a control over the devices which are brought to ware house after removal , before making an entry in SAP.

Just build custom process to achieve this called "Warehouse Entry",in this custom process ask user to feed the devices data so that system will create an entry for every transaction they do.

For this just keep internal numbering with respect to ware house number.

Example: If you have ware house as WH01, then start numbering as WH012015042901(Ware house number followed by year,month, date and running number .Here01 is the first entry made on that day.

Every day send a report to user on the devices came to WH01- Ware house no-1 to make an entry in SAP MM.

Create a "Ware house entry" using some custom transaction .Here put required fields in selection screen and update.

If you want to keep plant wise numbering for this custom process, you can build with the help of ABAPER.

This process does not have any impact on inventory levels.Just to have a control over removed devices which are brought to ware house before updating in SAP MM.

In this process you can provide user to have create, change, display and print if required.

Hope this will help you to satisfy your client.

Regards,

pardhu

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer Pardha,

The issue that i see with your solution, is that once the device is finally removed in the system with EG32 the warehouse is not aware of this.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hey Sara,

Where you able to resolve this issue? It is not all together clear to me what the issue is. When performing the removal, you are referencing U62 and the receiving plant and storage location yes? If so, then the device will be uninstalled from the grid, and move into the designated plant and storage location with a status of "ESTO." After that, you can perform plant to plant transfer etc based on the business requirement.

Kind Regards,

sarasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Clayton,

Thanks for your interest.

The problem here is that the devices arrive at the warehouse before the user have perfomed EG32 for removal. So they are still in INST status and no stock transfer is possible.

We are suggesting the following options

- Change business process so EG32 can be done before devices arrive to the warehouse,Today they are removing the devices in the system one month afthe the device has been actually removed.

- Hold on the devices in the warehouse and make the system send an email to the warehouse everytime a device is removed in SAP. After this email, the warehouse clerk is able to make a stock trnasfer if needed (311 movement)

- SAP enhacement to execute a virtual "stock transfer" just keeping the data of the actual storage location of a device. EG32 has to be executed using the storage location in this "virtual stock trnasfer" as destination of the U62

Thanks for your comments.