cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Planned Order Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

May I ask for your help. I have a gr processing time of 1 and In-house production of 1 day as well. But whenever I run heuristic, it results in 4 days from start date to availability date. Say April 16 start date and availability date is April 20. Are there other factors on how this is computed?really hoping for a reply from you.

Thanks! Sincerely, Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member225716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ria,

Are you planning only finished product or sub component also?

may be the case that, you are checking only at final product but its component might be having some constrain.

Regards,

Sachin

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ria,

Based on my previous experience, the time stream calendar on your location would be Mon-Fri (Please check the periods, not calculation rule).

When you run location heuristics,

Start Date : 04/16

End Date (using In-house production 1 day) : 04/17

At this point, the GR processing time is applied ( 1 Day) which gives you end date : 04/18. Since 04/18(Sat) is not a working day, it moves to 04/19(Sun), which is not a working day either. It moves to 04/20 and sets the Availability Date.

Another problem would be if you are planning in Daily Buckets in Data View running location heuristics, SNP cannot handle it properly if the period in Calculation Rule is not close to 24:00 hrs. I had this problem previously and SAP recommended used of a BADi which picks a different time stream which was available 24:00 hrs.

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your reply.

Thing is, it should only calculate 2 days. 1 day for the SNP Fixed duration and 1 day for GR Processing time. Also, I don't have any Production Calendar maintained, so I think this should calculate 24/7. No holidays and weekends maintained as restriction.

Anything else that could have affected the computation?

Sincerely, Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

If you create same qty order manually in planning book, is the duration 4 days?

If above order duration is 4 days, then send a screenshot of order activities and PPM/PDS operation fixed resource consumption details.

Regards,

Vinay

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your receiving calendar in location master. Whether it's working 24 hours and 7 days?
How about the production calendar and resource calendar?

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ada.

Thanks! All was checked but the question is how the availability date is being computed.

Sincerely.Ria

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's computed by backward then forward scheduling, considering some settings.
I suggest you to make all calendars as all days working day (for receiving and production calendar, in /sapapo/calendar; for resource calendar in SCAL), and check the result again.

You can check my kba 2138385 for some understanding.
If you still have doubts, you should provide your whole scenario with all relevant settings.

BR, Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ria,

Have you maintained any GR time in ECC?

I faced a similar issue (in PPDS order though) in which it was computing the availability date

first based on the GR processing time maintained in APO, when the order goes to ECC it would pick up the GR processing time maintained in ECC, and move the availability date of the order in APO.

We are working on code to stop this transfer back to APO.

Note 508993 gives more details about the FM.

You may try an option to stop the transfer from SAP R/3 since you are working with SNP planned orders:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/80/e8bc0f629af14db213108bb6fa7515/content.htm?framese...

Hope this helps you!

Regards,

Subhash

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Please read this note:

324483 - APO-CIF: Goods receipt processing time

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano,

Thank you. But the GR Processing time is not missing. Actually the concern is that the number of days from start date to production date exceed the number of days than expected. Instead of 2 days, it's 4 days.. so the question is are there other factors that could have affected the computation?

Sincerely,

Ria

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you double click on the order in product view /RRP3 does it show the activities associated with the planned order?  What are all the dates it shows? 

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

It's an SNP Planned order and it only shows the start and end date with 4 days difference.

Ria