cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Remarks" Synchronization from Amadeus (AWS) to SAP are failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus.

Currently we are implementing SAP Travel Management ECC6.0 EhP7 and Amadeus as Travel Planning. I will really appreciate you help for the following issue that we are facing between SAP and Amadeus, let's start with the explanation of the scenario and where is the pain.

1) The Trip Number is created in SAP and then we go or connect through AeTM (Amadeus e-Travel Management) and the Travel Plan is created (booking the flight, hotel and Car).

2) Once the Trip number and PNR are created, the Travel Agency takes over on them and they have to do a quality review putting comments/remarks with the following instructions” RMS or RMMSG” (The Travel Agency is connected to GDS application in order to enter the “Remarks”).

3) Once the Comments/Remarks are entered from GDS applications, the PNR import is carried out and they are updated to AeTM and AWS (Amadeus Web Services) applications. If we review the PNR on AeTM application the comments are updated and are showed, but… here is coming the issue.

4) When the PNR is synchronized from AWS to SAP, the comments/Remarks are not showed in SAP. In order to take a look at XML file generated in SAP we are using  the transaction SRT_UTIL.

The following Consumer Proxy CO_AMI_TRIP_PLAN is used in this case.

I hope this process description is clear for you and hopefully it can help me to solve the issue.

Best Regards.

Victor Calderón.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I've implemented SAP to Amadeus integration recently and it has been a success.  It's a good solution which doesn't have the weaknesses of the "old style" SAP Travel Planning solution.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What are these remarks used for and why does the travel agency manually add them to the PNR?

- RMS

- RMMSG

2) Do you see these remarks in the XML webservice message in SRT_UTIL? (I also suggest using SOAMANAGER to manage the webservice messages)

3) Why do you want these remarks in SAP? What should they be used for in SAP?

Kind Regards,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack.

Thank you for attending me.

Answering your questions:

1) The Remarks are added manually because, The Travel Agency has to do a quality check in order to see if the fligh is the chepeast and then they put the quality ok as remarks. And the Remarks have to be used in the Work Flow of SAP because the authorizer has to see that commets in order reject or accept the travel.

2) That is the problem, we cannot see the values on the XML file. Amadeus gave us his own WSDL file, we have tested it with the tool SOAP UI 5.0.0 and the values are not coming in the XML file as well.

3) Pease see the answer in the point 1).

I will really appreciate any feedback that you can privide.

Best Regards.

Victor Calderón.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

If the XML response from Amadeus in method 'GetTripPlanForApproval' doesn't contain the remarks then you need to speak with Amadeus.  You won't be able to see the remarks in SAP if they are not being sent in the webservice.

Once the remarks are coming in the XML response then you'll be able to use the Amadeus Badi to store the remarks in one of the travel planning tables (FTPT*) and then enhance the workflow to display these to managers as required.

In terms of the business process, I do think it is rather strange because one of the main reasons for implementing an electronic booking tool such as AeTM is to remove the need for manual intervention by a travel agency.  AeTM can be configured to control the bookings which employees make, in order to ensure travel policy compliance and reduce travel costs.  For example, it can be set up to only show the cheapest options to employees or it can be set to flag the non-cheapest options as 'out-of-policy'.

Also, I imagine there some other limitations of the process:

- I expect that the travel agency charges a fee to perform this quality check compared to an auto-fulfillment approach.

- It must delay the booking process

Best,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you only started implementing and if you believed before you started that vendor / travel agency integration is a stable out of the box solution, maybe you want to think again what your best options are.

Vendor and agency integration definitely is very strong in SAP-Concur, but not the strongest point in on-prem T&E.

I've implemented many SAP T&E systems and there are many things I like about it, but the planning / vendor integration part is not one of them

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven.

Thank you so much for your feedback,  I really appreciate your point of view.

Currently we are one week before to start the Integration Tests, but as I have mentioned before, we have some issues on Amadeus side. do you believe that we are in time in order to think in another option instead of Amadeus as Planing Tool?

Best Regards.

Victor Calderón.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

if the decision for using SAP travel management is already fix - and at that point in the project I assume it is based on your business requirements, then that's it. Concur is a full travel solution - doesn't make sense - nor does it work - to use it as an intermediary between SAP and Amadeus.

But as Jack has had more positive impressions of SAP Travel recently, hopefully you'll still be very happy with it 🙂

all the best!

Sven