cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No BPM... Routing to secondary system when primary system down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have a requirement to design an interface to get data from two sources. When primary system (Sync call) is not available, I have to go to secondary system SAP ECC.

Any suggestions to get it done, with out BPM? We do not want to use BPM, since it is API calls and assumption is BPM might be slow.

We are using IFlows (Java Only).

Best regards & Thanks!

YRv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Eng Swee say you can use the BPM for your scenario, but if you really want to design without BPM, you can use the extended receiver determination in your scenario (In ICO). the mapping will call receiver communication channel and based on the response the receiver will be triggered.

you can refer the below link for extended receiver determination

Step by Step guide to Explain Enhanced Receiver Determination - Application Server Infrastructure - ...

regards,

Harish

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi YRV isa

since it is API calls and assumption is BPM might be slow.

Can you clarify what this assumption is based on? Is it based on actual facts and experience, or is it just hear say?

I've used ccBPM on dual stack and NW BPM on single stack and they work fine as long as they are well designed. I'd recommend reading the below blog to help dismiss the incorrect assumption about BPM.

I've recently blogged below about an integration centric process that was successfully implemented in PO (NW BPM) and it has multiple synchronous calls and it has worked perfectly fine.

For your scenario, it is a requirement for a stateful process and this cannot be simply realised by PI scenarios which are typically stateless. To achieve the stateful requirement, you need to model this in BPM unless the program on the calling system (not sure what calling system for your case) can also be designed to be stateful.

It isn't too complicated to model your scenario in BPM - perform exception handling on the first sync call, if any error occurs, route processing to second sync call. The following blog would be useful to understand exception handling in BPM.

Rgds

Eng Swee