cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to hide some reason codes in dispute management without deleting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within SAP Dispute management (UDM_DISPUTE) we would like to remove some of the available reason codes in the drop down on the search screen and available to assign drop down, but not physically delete them.  Is there a way to do this? 

I know if I physically delete them out of the Reason code list (SPRO -> FSCM -> dispute management -> Dispute Case Processing -> Case types -> Create Values for Attribute "Reason") then if an old dispute case that used that reason code is displayed, the four digit number code will be displayed rather than the description.  So we would prefer to not physically delete the code / description from the reason codes but somehow make them non-display, or inactive. 

Any thoughts on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This cant be achieved as standard.

You could look to close out all of the disputes with the codes that you dont want - and then change the description to "do not use"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had thought of that option and will probably end up using it unless I find a better option.  Thanks for confirming my thinking.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cgilberg
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

you may consider the functionality "personal list", putting all valid reason codes in and leaving out those you do not want to show. Maybe your Authorisation / Security Team can also help you performing this exercise for all affected users at once.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hadn't thought of that idea.  That will work on the search screen but can you set up a personal list for the reason code drop down within the dispute (not on the search screen)?