Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling to plain text file produces 1kb file

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else had an issue when trying to schedule a large report into a plain text file resulting in a 1kb file that only contains the report title at the top.

This happens on very large reports. The same report for example would have a csv file of size 167mb.

Is there any setting on the webi processing server or adaptive job server that needs to be changed?

I tried increasing all the values in the web intelligence common services settings (ie: max character stream size) but that didn't help.

The environment having this issue is BI 4.1 SP4

Thanks

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"I was wondering if anyone else had an issue when trying to schedule a large report into a plain text file resulting in a 1kb file that only contains the report title at the top." Yes, I have seen a WebI report Excel/Excel 2007/CSV output file contains the report title only while there are pages of data no matter if I (Administrator) view on demand then Export it to Excel/Excel 2007/CSV or schedule it to Excel/CSV format in InfoView. It is very odd and I have replicated this problem on a BOXI3.1 SP7 and FP7.1. The workaround is to use the standalone client, e.g. Webi Rich Client, to refresh the report and save to my computer as Excel/Excel 2007/CSV. Hope this helps, Jin-Chong

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

It exports fine to CSV, Web Intelligence, PDF.

It also schedules successfully to plain text, however the plain text file is the only one that is 1kb.

Plain text is unfortunately a client requirement so that is why I am asking if this problem has happened with anyone else.

Thanks

David

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The TEXT output also contains report title only on my replication as well.

The Webi Rich client also produces report title only as well while CSV output has complete data on this problem WebI report.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

david_lai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

The 1kb issue with plain text only happens with very large Web Intelligence reports.

Otherwise the plain text output is okay.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

just a gues...

When exporting to text, the report itself is exported. When exporting as CSV the data is exported. Do the report shows properly ? WEBI has issue with very large reportys.

Regards,

Rogério