cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectiong to Sap Hana Cloud Platform from On-Premise system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a question, I hope you can help me.

I want to connect to an application in my Cloud Platform account from an On-Premise System. I figured I have to use the Sap Hana Cloud Connector. The basic example works for accessing the on premise system from the cloud.

Do I just define the url of my cloud application as a destination in my On-Premise System? Should I connect over HTTP or RFC? I want to store a line in the database. What would be the best aproach?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In that direction you just call your cloud app over http, no need for a destination nor cloud connector.

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, should I pass on data as a genearated json or xml? What would be the best practice?

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

In general, JSON has better payload ratio than XML, thus it's more efficient for data transmission over the network. But you should also consider what your communicating agents/systems understand and speak. If you have a choice - go for JSON.

PS: See also Markus' comments below if you're dealing with an ABAP system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

as you ask about RFC, I assume that you try to call from an ABAP System. In this case simply specify an HTTP destination in sm59 that targets your HCP application. In your HCP application you need to expose an HTTP API that can handle such a request and stores the data according to your needs. RFC is not possible in that direction.

Best regards,

Markus