cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO 4.1 SP 4.0 Platform - deployment of BI Mobility solution for iOS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you can shed some light on the process of deployment of BI Mobility Solution for iOS.

I have a test SAP BO 4.1 SP 4  platform which I have installed a while ago. I would now like to deploy BI Mobility solution for iOS.

I've read lots of relevant documentation on this process but it is very confusing to say the least.

In this version (BO 4.1 SP 4), do I need to  Webdeploy  MobileBIService.war and MOBIServer.war  files ?

The documentation for BO4.1 4.0 states that these files are "auto-deployed". What does this mean ?

Does this mean that I don't need to anything else in terms of configuring BI Mobility server ?

How do I verify that my BI Mobility server component has been correctly deployed and configured on SAP BO 4.1. SP4 platform ?

Where do I need look in order to verify this ?

I would appreciate greatly if you could provide a brief Step-by-Step process on how to configure BI Mobility on SAP BO 4.1 SP4 platform as I'm really struggling with this.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Davor Mitrasevic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Davor,

Let me respond to some of your remarks:

I think if you do a default installation, Mobile BO will be deployed.

You can check your webserver (tomcat) to see if the mobile BI application is deployed.

For instance go into your tomcat folder and check if the webapp is there:

install folder\tomcat folder\webapps\MobileBIService.

Of course you can always enable a user in tomcat_users.xml and login to the tomcat manager page to see what web applications have been deployed.

Part of the configuration for Mobile BO you can do in CMC - Applications. But that is more functional configuration than real setup. Here you can set the TTL for content and if you allow people to store passwords etc.

Please make sure with your mobile device you can connect to the webserver on the correct portnumber. If you are in a corporate network, mind the firewalls etc.

A basic setup should not be too difficult. Let me know if you  have more specific questions.

Kind regards,

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your reply. 

I will do the checks as per your suggestion.

Again, many thanks.

Regards.

D.Mitrasevic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your earlier suggestions in this respect and I guess I am at the point where I really need more details.

Hope you can help.

We're deploying Mobile BI on SAP BI 4.1 SP5 platform.

I've run into issues with not being able to connect to my CMS server from the iOS client (iPad2).

Done so far:

1. Verified that Mobile BI is deployed with command:

http://localhost:8080/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion

Got response:

Result status="success" ...version internalVersion="4.0", etc

Does this mean that my Mobile BI server has been deployed correctly  ? I can see MobileBIService and MOBIServer folders in the tomcat\webapps folder ?

2. I created Mobile category on the BI server.

3. I then created Mobile BI connection on the mobile device with connection parameters for conn name, Server URL, CMS Name, Authentication Type, User name which are all correct.

When I tried to connect I am getting error:

"Connection to the server could not be established; try again or contact your system administrator (MOB06031 HTTP-1001) Details:The request timed out."

Questions:

Have I missed some step in configuration ?

Do I need to wdeploy any war files ? I don't see any server.propertioes files. Are they supposed to be somewhere if my Mobile BI server is correctly deployed ?

How does iOS device know if it is on the corporate network ? Do I need to set up something in this respect: VPN or install something on device ?

Where should I look to troubleshoot this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you provide some details of the connection properties? (of course you don't want to provide all details).

What does your network infrastructure look like? To make sure your network configuration is not blocking here you can try to open safari on your ipad and navigate to Launchpad or CMC (assuming you of course have these web applications deployed on the webserver you use for SAP BI mobile).

so my main question: is your ipad connected to the same network as your server? Or a bit more advanced: do you have a vpn / reverse proxy in place?

Maybe if you provide a bit more details I can try to understand what is going wrong.

Answers (0)