cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meal Per diem : Different GL Accounts for Local and Foreign per diem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

At my client we have different expense types for claims depending on the Trip Schema we use. We divided Trip Schemas into "Local", and "Foreign" travel.

Right now we are using the default Meal Per Diem, which defaults to Expense Type VERP, which maps across to Wagetype MJ20 and MJ21.

These Wagetypes of course map across to the respective Symbolic accounts and GL Account in Finance.

The requirement now is that we have 2 different GL Accounts for Meal Per Diems, 1 GL is for local meal per diems, and 1 GL is for foreign meal per diems.

I guess my questions are:

1) Is there a way to have meals per diem posted to different GL Account, depending on whether it was a local or foreign trip (Trip Schema)

2) I'd like to use the standard Meal Per Diem functionality, as it allows employee to check a "checkbox" (rather than choose from a drop down of expense types), and I'm not sure if simply by adding another Expense Type for flat rate (i.e. for foreign per diem), that this won't result in a confusing system where local perdiems exist as a checkbox, but foreign perdiems need to be chosen from a drop down list.

Seeking solutions. I'm sure someone has done this before. What is the best way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

the report RPRFIN00_40 which transfer the Settlement results to FI (not posting) has an user-Exit (Include RPREX010) with two form routines
EXB706K  User-Form vor dem Lesen der T706K /before reading tabel T706K

and

EXA706K User-Form nach dem Lesen der T706K/after reading.

Both routines has Parameters  PTRV_HEAD.

In PTRV_HEAD you will find the Chosen trip scheme and ZLAND (ZLAND = main travel destination Country)

So if you program Routine after reading the T706K table EXA706K in following way

Rough example for countryversion e.g. Germany

If p_wa-head-molga = '01' (Germany)

If p_wa__head-schem = '02' (international)

IF p_kont1 = '+20'   (only the 'meal per diem account' should be changed)

p_kont1= '+99'   (instead of +20)    (Fantasy account 99  must be maintained in ta PRT3 HRT too)

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

ENDIF.

...Something like this.

Alternative you can use ptrv_head-ZLAND like the non-active example in the user-Exit: f p_wa_head-zland ne t001-land1.

I haven't try this-out  but it's maybe helpful.

Best regards

Klaus