cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Hierarchical tree without flat structure

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following requirement to be displayed in Webdynpro Hierarchical Tree with field headers - The expected data arrangement is given below.

Customer X  CustomerField1    CustomerField2

OrderN                                                          OrderField1          OrderField2

ItemY                                                                                                          Itemfield1              Itemfield2

I tried with ALV tree in webdynpro but the data gets displayed in a flat structure like below

Customer X

OrderN

ItemY  Customer Field1    Customer Field2    Order Field1  OrderField2  ItemField1  ItemField2

We need to display the data at the three different levels and not in the flat structure as it is coming now. Seek urgent help.

Thanks

Arkajeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why don't you use a tree??

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Can we have field headers at the different levels if we use tree? Would be great if you could site some example which can be checked as a reference, I have some actions to perform on the records too (along with the header requirement) for which I thought about ALV.

Thanks

Arkajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use Google for examples! I think headers could be created by your own (as data rows). There are also other UI elements which can be used like RowRepeater or Table with TablePopin

0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Looking into it, will reply back.

Thanks

Arkajeet

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look into this tutorial, which explains two level hirearchy in an ALV

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c060fcb4-2c62-2b10-d2b2-f32407a5c...

Regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

Thanks for your inputs. This is exactly the document that I used to start off for this requirement, however this too does not go beyond a flat structure to display the data ultimately. I need to display in the following fashion:

Customer X  CustomerFieldVal1    CustomerFieldVal2

OrderN                                                          OrderFieldVal1          OrderFieldVal2

ItemY                                                                                                          ItemfieldVal1              ItemfieldVal2

(Incase the output gets mixed up, which it seems to have please refer to the beginning of this post for the output structure required)

Thanks

Arkajeet

Message was edited by: Arkajeet Dasgupta