cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial movement of quality stock from one sloc to another.

0 Kudos

Dear QM Gurus,

Need your help, suggestion and guidance for the below query.

My client has following requirement, they receive RM in one sloc and they send samples for quality inspection to quality lab(created as another sloc in sap).

Is there any way to transfer partial quality stock to another location, and as per the sample do result recording and UD for all the quantity received from the vendor.

I have checked QAC2 but in that we cannot send partial quantity to another sloc.

Please give your valuable comments and suggestions on it.

Regards,

Shivkumar Tiwari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivakumar,

Your requirement looks straight. When the RM is recieved, you will have a 01 inspection lot at receiving location. You can transfer a partial quantity from Usage decision -> Stock posting screen (QA32, choose lot, go to UD. Go to stock posting tab, as shown below).

The full RM will be under QA stock. User can transfer a partial Quantity to the desired SLoc (unrestricted or blocked to different SLoc in your case). i.e, give the desired inspection quantity and location. Save the transaction. Do not enter anything (RR and UD) at this point of time.

When the inspection is complete, then user can do RR and UD, stock posting in the same lot.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

As per my understanding from above issue, you can follow below process

1. You received 100 qty from vendor and you want 10 qty to send to QC lab.

2. Post 10 Quantity to QC lab Storage location and save it. Dont give UD for this lot.

3. Complete the testing and as per reslt give UD and post remaining 90 Qty in Other storage location.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

0 Kudos

Dear Chaitany,

Thanks for your quick reply, but can you give detailed steps with tcodes how to perform the above steps.

Regards,

Shivkumar Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivkumar,

Another option is that

You can post the QM Sample Qty to Blocked Stock, against the respective Storage Location. (User need to change the storage location at the time of stock posting)

Regards,

Bala