They have the following organization structure

CEO

IT Department

Procurement Department

Marketing Department

Operation Department

HR Department

Admin Department

Within each department, they have HOD (A012), below HOD they have various position such as AM etc. These position reports to HOD & HOD report to CEO.

They have two level approvals for leave & over time. Such as – one executive report to AM, after approval of AM, leave request goes to HOD.

After Time evaluation process PT60 done.

Now one of the HOD has left (suppose Procurement Dep), now client wants that all the position report to Manager (Procurement Dep) & Manager procurement report to operation HOD i.e. all the leave approved by Operation HOD.

Please suggest!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201807
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we assign one person in two position, may be solve my problem.

Please suggest!

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Ideally we cant assign a person in two position unless and until the person is going to be 50% billed in a position.

In you case we cant assign a person to two position.

Thanks,

Sriram

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, We can, but Staffing percentage should not get exceed 100% all together.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand requirement says that approval process is two levels, It is fine we have to provide necessary details to work flow and technical consultant accordingly he/she will build work flow logic, Where in your case 002, 012 can used.

Could not able to understand

Now one of the HOD has left (suppose Procurement Dep), now client wants that all the position report to Manager (Procurement Dep) & Manager procurement report to operation HOD i.e. all the leave approved by Operation HOD.

HOD is left i.e he is not there then what would be the approval process 1st level is clear "AM", In the absence of HOD who is the next approver.

Accordingly we need to think about solution and system design.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member201807
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

HOD is left i.e he is not there then what would be the approval process 1st level is clear "AM", In the absence of HOD who is the next approver.

Now the client wants AM (Procurement Dep) report to Operation HOD i.e. 2nd level (final level) of approver will be HOD operation department.

Please suggest!

Thank you in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

You can make AM as HID. Remove the Chief position assigned to HOD, and add chief position to AM.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here we can determine HOD in two different ways, one Manager Procurement is reporting to Procurement HOD i.e we are using 002 relationship to identify HOD since HOD is left we have to delimit relationship 002 of manager and maintain 002 as Operation HOD position.

X - Manager

Y- HOD Procurement

Z- Operation HOD

X-002 Y When he is with Organization

X-002 Z When Y is left then maintain 002 between X and Z delimit X - 002 - Y.

Else create a new relationship Z-XXX and maintain relationship between Operation HOD and Procurement Organizational unit we can identify him as HOD and delimit 012 since he is left even though we do not limit once Z-XXX is maintain for Organizational unit we can skip 012 in workflow but to avoid collision's need to maintain valid records.

Further more solution design completely depends on the existing system.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to change the reporting structure for all these employees. This can be done by using the Relationship A/B 002 for the employees whose reporting structure needs to be changed. TCode used i this case will be PO13.

Check for the existing positions how they are maintained, and accordingly you will be required to maintain for new records.

Regards,

Bhagyashree