cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Authorization don't work in MD01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I created the role with  transaction MD01 only.

System generated two Authorization Objects:

1. S_TCODE - Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start:

MD01

2. M_MTDI_ORG - Organizational Levels for Material Requirements Planning:

MRP Controller (Materials Plan...

Activity types in materials pl MRP: total planning

Plant                          Unmaint. org. level

Next, I can don't write values of "Plant" or "MRP controller"  in  Authorization Objects M_MTDI_ORG. I can even delete Authorization Objects M_MTDI_ORG!

But the user with this role(only this) still can not only open MD01, but successfully complete planning. For any Plant or MRP controller.

Why it don't work? What i can do? I need to limit user authorization and i don't want to create Z-transaction for it

Thank you

Best regards,

Evgeniy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The system behavior is explained on the following note:

89359 - No authorization check for total planning runs

This note provides the following information:

There is not a separate authorization check for the total planning runs of material requirements planning and long-term planning (Transactions MDBT and MSBT).

This is so for reasons of consistency. This job is generally called by system administrators who normally have no planning authorization. The authorization check in the total planning run corresponds to the authorization check of the 'Batch' processing modules. Any user who has authorization for the editor (Transaction SE38) may create or change variants. A user who is authorized to create or change a variant can do this with all variants. There is not a check to determine if a user created a certain variant and can only change these. Also note that a user with authorization can create reports which as a consequence can have changes directly in the database to Transaction SE38 at any time.

As a workaround, if you want a person to plan only the materials assigned to their

mrp controller, for example, you can implement user-exit M61X0001 to do this check.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Caetano!

The Note contains only MDBT. But apparently, MD01 is also included in this rule.

If you use a user-exit M61X0001, a user must choose the user key in the selection screen.  And user can change it. It's not what i need.

Thanks for your reply!

Best regards,

Evgeniy

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can try to develop something else using BAdI MD_MRP_PARAMETERS.

BR
Caeano

Answers (0)