Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error when adding another ABAP server

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Friends,

i have added another ABAP server in my idm now i am getting this follwing error when exeucting initial load .

my previsoly added still working find and i am able to initial load

ERROR :

Error occured in JCo3Proxy.logonSapi(String):

java.lang.Throwable: Initialization of destination SID failed: Connect to message server host failedConnection parameters: TYPE=B DEST=SID MSHOST=SERVERNAME R3NAME=xx GROUP=PUBLIC PCS=1LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host SERVERIDM with UnicodeERROR service 'sapmsSID' unknownTIME Fri Apr 17 05:08:20 2015RELEASE 720COMPONENT NI (network interface)VERSION 40RC -3MODULE nixxsl.cppLINE 184DETAIL NiSrvLGetServNo: service name cached as unknownCOUNTER 6

********************************************************************************

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan ,

i have fixed that error actually yesterday i did some path related  changes in Dispatcher file example: sapjco3.jar  file. after reverting changes i am able to run initial load.

Thanks for your help.

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

Good to hear that.

Thanks for your update.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you let me know what changes to you made? I am getting the exact same error when trying to add second system to IDM 8.0

Thanks,

Amol

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

You need to add sapmsSID entry your service file.

Make the entries Sapms<sid> 36XX/tcp in the etc files of both the systems.

Regards,

V Srinivasan

mohinder_singh2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

i already did that on my IDM server's services file.

Regards,

Mohinder

srinivasan_vinayagam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohinder,

same update your ABAP server also for IDM message server port.

enter your SERVERIDM details to ABAP server service file

Regards,

V Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please explain the benefit of adding SERVERIDM to the ABAP services file when there are no services running on the IdM system that ABAP needs.  IdM doesn't have a message server port.  Just trying to be sure we are giving correct information here.  There is a difference between preference and what is mandatory.  Please provide clarity.

Thanks,

ALJ