cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Windows Cluster Single Cluster Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am building a MS Server 2012 production cluster for my (A)SCS instances to be highly available. I have 4 ASCS and 3 SCS instances for a Solution Manager 7.1 SP12, ERP 6 EHP 7, PI 7.4 Dual Stack, Portal 7.4 and BW 7.4.

I have read the installation guide and understand SAP recommend placing each of these instances in to it's own cluster group with it's own IP address, Disk etc. I would prefer to have all of these (A)SCS instance installed in one cluster group with one IP address. I understand this will mean a failure on one will cause all of the resources to fail over. this is the configuration I currently have on one node in DEV and QAS.

My question is would this configuration be technically possible? if this configuration is technically possible would it be supported by SAP?

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it would be technically possible however not recomended by sap

best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would technically be possible, but is not supported from SAP.

You are not able to use SWPM to configure in this way.

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply Peter.

I was hoping to only have to stand up one node in my DR environment without too much manual config hence only running one cluster group I could transfer the dummy DNS to the DR node and bring the (A)SCS up over there.

So the only supported configuration will be 5 cluster groups with 5 IP's etc.

For the DR environment I will have to stand up both nodes of the cluster then right?

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think SAP supports two cluster environment if you are keep the 3 node DR it may not supported, For this each SAP system you have a separate physical system or VM in DR, also you may require to replicate the DB from primary to DR site.

In case if your are using the MS Sql 2012 you can try "ALWAY ON" DB in DR site,

BR

SS