cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Fiori Tile (Admin)

0 Kudos

Is it possbile to remove a deleted fiori tile from the launchpads of the users?

I encountered the following problem:

* i created a new tile in /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_UPB_ADMN/main.html?scope=CUST

* added the tile to my launchpad (as a normal user)

* removed the tile from ARSRVC_UPB_ADMN

* in the launchpad of my user the tile is still in place but showing the message "Cannot load tile"

Is there any way to remove this this as an admin? Or to push the information to all launchpad that this tile is not available anymore?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm having a similar issue.  We're on UI technologies SP11 and are looking to upgrade when our next project phase starts.

We have implemented quite a lot of tiles and are constantly changing tiles in groups based on user feedback. Every time we remove a tile from a group, the tile container still persists with a "Cannot load tile" tile that should be removed.  These groups have user personalisation enabled based on the customer's requirements.

I've tried clearing the browser cache. This does not remove the "Cannot load tile" tile.

I've tried running programs in se38:

• /UI2/DELETE_CACHE_AFTER_IMP
  • /UI2/CHIP_SYNCHRONIZE_CACHE

I've also implemented SAP note 2075016 in our systems too but this to me would be akin to clearing the browser cache anyway.

None of these options resolved the issue.

I would really like to clean these up across our users so they don't even see these tiles.  Otherwise it may affect our overall user experience if they have to clean these up themselves constantly...

Regards,

Ben

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check the tile catalog is under which tile group and check if these are assigned to any role ?

If you have restricted access via role, your tile won't be deleted, it will be reset. You can manage this from FLP admin page and role wise.

regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

The groups are assigned to security roles which in turn are assigned to the users - this is not the issue.

When we remove a tile from a group and that group is already assigned to a user it does not reset the group but leaves the residual tile container "cannot load tile".

I found some additional documentation and it it's a symptom of allowing personalisation of groups

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon10/helpdata/en/20/6a7e4fdb5f4d7b90a110b2d67804ee/content.htm

As per the documentation there's only two options:

• The end user has to manually delete the orphaned tile.
  • To prevent this issue, an admin can switch off the personalization of groups.

We require user personalisation and just from a user perspective when we make a change to a group which is assigned to potentially hundreds of users, they all of a sudden are presented with a orphaned tile which can cause confusion from a user experience perspective.  We would field calls then of people asking us what this tile is when they don't expect it and from a support perspective it can be nightmarish.

It would be much more graceful for the tile to simply disappear as part of the user experience.

Regards,

Ben

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

in fact, wouldn't it be even more graceful if any tile that cannot be loaded is simply not shown (rather than shown with an error message!) - be it because it was deleted (as in the scenario above) or there is some configuration issue (mostly relevant on DEV systems and during implementation).

This would be an idea for a future enhancement of the launchpad. Maybe it would also be possible to custom extend the tile element in UI5 to set its own visibility attribute in CSS to "none" rather than displaying an error message on the tile.

Just thinking aloud here. 😉

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I believe that was what I was trying to articulate.  You're right the tile should not be loaded.

I actually raised a SAP Incident to provide this feedback but I was told "This is how it was designed and this is how it will always be."

I've been racking my brain for a long time to try to understand SAP's point of view on this but I just can't see it.  Maybe I need a few more implementations before it becomes clear to me.

Regards,

Ben

0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments but this didn't really do the job. The user is able to delete the tile in his own launchpad, but this is not what we want (that is what the admin should do).

We would like to allow the Administrator who adds/delets tiles in the configuration view to push these changes to the normal users launchpad - so that they don't have to delete the broken "Cannot load tile"-tile anymore.

I've already tried the different cache-clearing-options in the Troubleshooting Guide: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56967 .

The only thing that works pretty could is the group reset --> Group "XYZ" has been reset. But i can't find a way to force this as an admin... (similar problem, no solution: http://scn.sap.com/thread/3630322

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the below document method

i think it will usefull for your case.

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to restrict tile deletion in launchpad , you have to disable checkbox for personalization.

While creating group, you can manage this. Create a custom group, assign it to custom role and then uncheck personalization.

User wont be able to delete the tiles/group. It will be locked.

Regards,

Tejas

former_member182874
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I faced a similar issue recently and found out that transport entry (TR number) was existing in SU01 in profile parameter. Removed it and was able to delete the tiles then.

Regards,
Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FLorian,

Yes in the launchpad, you can see pencil button in the bottom right corner for edit after that rightclick on the tile which you want to delete you can get remove option.

In general you no need to delete the tiles from ARSRVC_UPB_ADMN page, if you have more that u required just create the new catalog , group and assign to users.For creating new catalog and groups follow the below link

Regards,

Praveen

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

The user can clear the browser cache.

Please also check the 2075016 - SAPUI5 Applications: No need to clear the Browser Cache manually and Customizing of HTTP Response Headers

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG