cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeze after calling backend FPM applications on FF 35

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Im facing a strange problem on an EP 7.31 SP 14 while accessing custom FPM application from a 7.31 BW backend. After loading an arbitrary FPM application, the application is freezing while showing the "ur-loading" symbol and overlaying the application layer, so the input fields cant be reached and the application cant be operated. This happens in all applications requiring user input, so the problem seems to have a generally character:

I cant notice any issues while sniffing the traffic with browser tools, also no appropriate entries in developer trace. The issue is not occuring on IE or Chrome, seems to be FF-specific. Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong? Thanks,

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please share the SAP_BASIS SP level of your 7.31 BW system. Typically such issues are related to Unified Rendering and/or browser support issues. Can you rule out portal, meaning access the application directly from the BW system, e.g. test from SE80?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Please share the SAP_BASIS SP level of your 7.31 BW system

its also corresponding 731 SP14

Typically such issues are related to Unified Rendering and/or browser support issues. Can you rule out portal, meaning access the application directly from the BW system, e.g. test from SE80?

Yes I tryed so by direct calling something like: h**ps://portalurl.ch/sap/bc/webdynpro/mynamespace/APPLICATION

This doesnt seems to cause any problems, the application was loaded properly and all input fields are reachable. So it seems to only occur if the stuff is called by EP

Thank you Samuli,

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case the portal must have a newer Unified Rendering version/patch level. In the backend system, try to apply all relevant Unified Rendering corrections for 731/14, there are 9 of them and you can locate them by searching notes with "unified rendering corrections 731/14".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

meanwhile I took a closer look to the issue with friendly assitance of my BASIS colleague. We found two things out:

1.)ABAP ur version (7.33.....) is obviuosly higher comparing to EP (7.31.....). So regarding appropriate notes it could help to push EP to a higher version through patching appropriate components

2.)The error is occuring on a test system in the landscape. We have an identical QA system with same kernel versions and SP + patches, same applications etc., so excluding the customer data both systems are completely identical. The error is not occuring on QA. This is pretty strange, we have no idea how this could be possible.

So I was asked to preclude network problems and would like to check with colleagues of my, if the logs on affected apache proxy are containing any clues. I will keep you on running, if you have any further clues, this would be great. Thanks

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are looking at the wrong version string, go to /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.themes.integrity.browse, select sap_treadeshow_plus and press on Show Details. In the table look up Version and the string ur=7.33.x.xx.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are familiar with the integrity browser, I will provide a screenshot of affected system:

Not necessary to say, QA is same. If my Basis colleagues are taking a look to our current kernel version on ABAP, they are noticing a 7.33..... ur version.

Samuli, Im not sure we do interpret those statements properly. In fact we are irritated by a bit strange numbering of these versions, we are not able to recognize any logic in it. Due SAP notes those are puting together like 7.31 (major release).SP.Patch.0. This does not make any sence for ur versions like 10.0... or 7.33...

The generally statement I know from former problems with WDA theming is: EP must have higher ur version comparing to ABAP, to work properly. Thank you,

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some stuff my colleague gave me from the ABAP site:

2080443 - Ermitteln der Version der WD-ABAP-Stylesheets
TA SE38 WDG_MAINTAIN_UR_MIMES
Deployed version.properties:
  urversion:                             7.33.3.76.0
CLUR_NW7=>VERSION_PROPERTIES:
  urversion:                             7.33.3.76.0

we have ABAP-Kernel 7.21 Patch 413 according  
2080444 - Ermitteln der Version des SAP-GUI-for-HTML-Stylesheets
1802264 - WebGUI: Welche UR-Version ist in welchem Kernel
##################################################################
# SAP KERNEL 7.21
##################################################################
patch    UR version JavaScript    UR version Style Sheets
415      7.30.1.11.0              7.33.3.80.0
414      7.30.1.11.0              7.33.3.80.0
413      7.30.1.11.0              7.33.3.80.0  <--------------

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christian_santej
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi lawrence,

referring to your initial post "I cant notice any issues while sniffing the traffic with browser tools, also no appropriate entries in developer trace." - if you monitor/check the JavaScript(s) explicitly @ firebug does it show anything there when the loading symbol is shown?

i'm asking this because we had a similar "freezing" issue which was caused by a JavaScript error  (SAP Note 2099389)

regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, as I mentioned I took a look to the console already, there is nothing noticeable. The note you pointed me to is for WDJ, we are talking about FPM here

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahrgh, I found a JS error yet surprisingly, its pointing me to an error in classes.js (TypeError: this.getFirstVisible(...) is undefined), coming from the ABAP backend. Sorry for irritating, Im pretty sure it wasnt there as I took a closer look on the console, but maybe I was inattentive. However, I wanted to compare there files to our QA, but Im not able to find it in SE80 -> MIME's, I will ask an ABAP developer for assistance. Im not able to find a sap note describing this issue on the marketplace, but Im assuming it must one of the 9 Samuli mentioned. Probably this error is simply not mentioned namely. I will come back on this again, thanks

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Btw: I compared both files classes.js from T and QA, they are identical

christian_santej
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi lawrence,

you've mentioned that the test and QA - system are identical (kernel,sp, patches) except the data.

is it possible that the combination of customer data is causing this error. for example an empty dropdown (e.g. Krankenhaustyp) or a F4-help (e.g Ort)? what combination of data do you use on your QA system?

also is it possible for you to identify the concrete "this - object" with the firebug debugging tools which the error is referring to?

regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following Samuli's clues we found that:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/WDABAP/Unified+Rendering+Note+stack+for+NW+731

Samuli seems to have noticed this already... Now should be clear which note needs to be applied in which order, so I will wait till my Basis colleagues have tryed that. I guess you need to notice 2 things: corrections are not cumulative, you need to apply each top down. Second it does not seems SAP is ensuring consistency by applying the notes, so we will need a full backup.

This still doesnt explaing why we have two identical systems with different runtime behaviour, but is a help for further proceeding.

Thank you again,

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos
is it possible that the combination of customer data is causing this error. for example an empty dropdown (e.g. Krankenhaustyp) or a F4-help (e.g Ort)? what combination of data do you use on your QA system?

yes, I thought already the same, but my colleagues are saying the application stand is completely identical, since they have transported the whole stuff for a new release last week. In fact I would assume the JS is trying to get the first available field and fails for resons I dont know. In fact we have only one client on T, while we have 3 clients on QA, but I wouldnt have an idea how this could cause any problems

also is it possible for you to identify the concrete "this - object" with the firebug debugging tools which the error is referring to?

I could debug it but its a)masked and totally disgusting to debug and b)even if I would do this, I have the strong suspicion Samuli is absiolutely right and we need an UR JS correction on the backend. So at the end we will still need to apply all the notes

cheers

christian_santej
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi lawrence,

I could debug it but its a)masked and totally disgusting to debug and b)even if I would do this, I have the strong suspicion Samuli is absiolutely right and we need an UR JS correction on the backend. So at the end we will still need to apply all the notes

yeah debugging this is indeed disgusting but it might provide some valuable hints/information (for the one or the other problem we've had it did). but also i would wait and see what the UR JS corrections on the backend will do.

regards,

christian